Help please

Username: Bender

Post Number: 1
waddup, i just picked up a single Rockford Fosgage Punch Stage 3 12" sub, max 1,000; RMS 500. I know absolutely nothing about this stuff, so are there any suggestions as to what type of amp to get and will i need to purchase a new cd player as well?

Username: Bender

Post Number: 2
I have replaced all of the door speakers as well, i'm not sure if it makes any difference. it's a jeep grand cherokee also.

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 742
I know its dvc. Is it 2-4 ohm sub and im guessing you only have 1.

Bronze Member
Username: Allpro

Dacula, Ga United States

Post Number: 19
I have a Stage 3 12" DVC4. It is run by a T5002 which is rated at 500 watts but was tested at 840 watts. I also have another T5002 running a set of MB Quart components. Sounds incredible. i have installed several setups just like this and it will make the hair on your neck stand up.

Username: Thedirk

Potsdam, NY

Post Number: 1
your going to need at leaste a say 600W max amp... rms say 200 per channel, if ya bridge an amp like that to her it would sound ok, other wise ya gota go top end to power the sub correctly...go with allpro's setup sounds like a killer also if the sub is 2 olms, make sure tha amp is same with 4
thedirk

Bronze Member

Dacula, Ga United States

Post Number: 25
Mathew, hit me up when your ready to purchase. I can get high-end equipment just over cost...

Bronze Member

Dacula, Ga United States

Post Number: 26
Mathew, hit me up when your ready to purchase. I can get high-end equipment just over cost...

Bronze Member
Username: Fishy

Post Number: 38
Can you get Zapco, JL Audio, or Xtant?

I've got an ancient PPI pro mos 2050 running my subs I'm thinking about retiring. It used to barely get warm bridged into 2 ohms. Now its startin to get hot as hell. Bought a bunch of cooling fans but...... upgrading might be a better idea. She has a lot of miles now after 15 years.

:-)

-Fishy

Bronze Member
Username: Fishy

Post Number: 39
lol, in fact I could even come pick the stuff up. My brother used to live in Dacula, in Alpharetta now and I'll be up that way in a month or so.

-Fishy :P

Bronze Member

Dacula, Ga United States

Post Number: 29
No problem Fishy... I do not have a shop though. I sold that several years ago but still can get the products. Just let me know what you want and I can get you the prices I can get it for. allproaudio2004@yahoo.com

Take care...

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1650
15 years is a fantastic run from an amp, I'm sure you feel you got your money's worth :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us