New to the car audio world

Username: Crappycarguy

Post Number: 1
I am getting a sytem for my car I have decided on the sub I am getting two 12" infinity kappa prefects 12.1d, would you guys reccomend the perfects? I also need suggestions on what amp I should get I have been asking around and someone told me this http://www.cardomain.com/sku/POWLT14402 would run them well but I dont know much and I am interested in more suggestions

Post Number: 2
Come on someone help me out

Post Number: 3
I also have another problem i cant find a box for the subs anywhere Its reccomended 1.0 cubic feet in a sealed box and i cant find a box that size for 2 twelves like anywhere my aim is eastridgeloser if someone can help me on aim.

Bronze Member
Username: Sixstar

Post Number: 48
The Infinities are a decent sub. Depends on how much you are paying for them, there might be a better alternative though. Ive read that they blow a bit easy, but my friend has a pair of the 10's running at RMS, and he has had no problems.
If you go with them, don't get the amp that was suggested to you. Id go with a JBL 600.1.

If you go with a pretty small sealed box, try the Hifonics NX750D. All depends on your budget though.

Bronze Member
Username: Sixstar

Post Number: 49
And Make your own box. Its cheaper, makes you feel better, and its not hard at all.

Post Number: 5
wouldnt the jbl 600.1 under power them?

Post Number: 6
wouldnt the hifonics underpower them too?

Post Number: 7
would this amp power them perfect? http://www.cardomain.com/item/HIFBX1000D

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1544
The 600.1 won't underpower them. You only need about 350W RMS for them, and the JBL 600.1 typically puts out 650-700 on a testbench. Personally, I think Adire Audio Shivas are a much better sub for the money.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1545
I meant 350W RMS each, by the way, it would be around 700W total.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us