What brand is the best?

Bronze Member
Username: Topedgeonline

Montrose, Colorado United States

Post Number: 21
We have a car audio store in Colorado. We currently carry Kicker, Rockford Fosgate, and JBL. We are thinking about dropping JBL and picking up another brand. What brand should we pick up? We have considered Audiobahn.

Bronze Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 11
Don't p/u Audiobahn if you want to keep your reputation...

MTX (www.mtxaudio.com)has good AMPS and okay subs.

Orion (www.orioncaraudio.com) is a good all around brand, Amps not as awesome as they used to be but still respectable. Their subs are also good if not excellent for the money. The P series is a good budget sub that has high power rating. The H2 subs is just killer.

Diamond Audio has great ams, subs, components. (www.diamondaudio.com)

JL audio (www.jlaudio.com) has great stuff, just EXPENSIVE for what you get. Their AMPS are incredible, so are the component sets

Image Dynamics (www.imagedynamicsusa.com)has awesome products. Their entry level subs are nothing to write home about but the IDQ is a great SQ sub. The ID MAX is a SPL/SQ monster.

Eclipse (www.eclipse-web.com) makes phenominal stuff, even their AMPS are really good now. Head units are great too.

Infinty's (www.infintysystems.com) stuff is all good except their Amps arent't too great.

Alpine (www.alpine-usa.com)would also be a gret all around brand. They make good subs (TypeR and X), great head units...their amps are respectable. Components are iffy in my opinion, but not horrible.

Remember this is all subjective and purely my opnion.....I'm sure many will comment otherwise

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1542
If you simply want your store to carry the best brands, you need to consider dropping all 3 of them and start from scratch. Dynaudio, Focal, and CDT are fantastic for component speakers, Infinity is good for components as well. Infinity's amps just suck, so forget those. JL and Eclipse don't authorize internet sales, so you won't be able to carry them. Honestly you'll have to check on Dyn, Focal, CDT as I can't remember all their policies. For amps, Audison, Zapco, McIntosh, US Amps, there are many others out there. It's what you're willing to stock, there simply isn't one best brand for what you're looking for. Forget Audiobahn, they are HORRIBLE and you'll regret ever carrying their products. HUGE return rate on their products, Audiobahn is much, much worse than the brands that you're currently carrying.

Bronze Member
Username: Topedgeonline

Montrose, Colorado United States

Post Number: 23
We have a physical location, so internet sales do not matter. We are holding onto Kicker and Rockford Fosgate as we have had good luck with their products and they are in high demand, and a little more affordable than some other brands.

Would like to pick up just one more brand that makes good amps and speakers.

I'll look into dynaudio, focal, and CDT. JL and Eclipse are a few other brands we were considering. The only problem we thought we would have with JL is the price. They are a little expensive.

I like eclipse since they have good headunits too.

Any other car audio shop owners have any advise on what has worked for them?

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us