I have infinity kappa 652.5i and no amp......big mistake???

Unregistered guest
oi...i don't know what's going on
i've had kappas in the past powered with no external amp and have never had this problem. ofcourse the last kappas i had were made like 7 years ago ;)
anyhoo....just got an alpine deck that gives 23RMS i believe and the specs on the kappas are 75RMS

my problem is after the installation - i'm getting a good amount of static/distortion when hearing high frequencies

now...first things first....i was never positive of what the pos/neg were in my factory nissan wiring - not the harness for the head...that should be ok...but the leads that go to the speakers.....so i'm looking into figuring that out....but wouldn't that just kill the bass and not produce the problems i'm having right now?

i've always replaced my car equip with decent aftermarket stuff....but have yet to EVER purchase an amp...in fact i know nothing about the best brands or what the heck i would need

i know i'm pathetic....just learned today that all you pros skip the rear speakers too! who knew!?!?!?! =P

anyhoo - any help and advice is greatly appreciated
thanks much
ken

Username: Sas

Post Number: 5
first thing first. what year and make nissan do you have? is there an internal amp? a bose or "premium sound" system? if so you have to bypass the amp or everything sounds crappy. some systems require you to replace everything when you change out the radio, new radio and all the speakers. first thing i would do is get a 4 ch 200 watt amp. or if not, at least a 2 ch 100 watt amp. i think you are cheating yourself by not powering your speakers good enough. my freind has the same speakers and they sound amazing. i am thinking there are a few reasons you are geting the staic and distortion. the first one is what i described above, the second one is the deck is not giving the speakers enough "clean" power, and the third is probaly because you probaly do have the negatives and positives messed up, i had that happen to me before and it is annoying :-(. did you try fading all the way to one speaker, passanger front one for example, taking that speaker out and and switching the neagtive and positiove to see if the sound is any beter? maybe there is a slight chance that the wiring in the car is bad.

ken in nj
Unregistered guest
good ideas here - thanks much!
obviously i'll check the speaker wiring first - just got a diagram the other day so hopefully the colors will match
maxima 97 btw - no bose

also wondering if by chance i may have mixed up the crossovers that come with each speaker....perhaps putting the low pass to the high on the speaker etc. so i'll be checking that tonight as well

after yesterday's ride home from work...i'm even beginning to believe i have this problem with all 4 speakers? hard to tell as i seem to hear the rears better. so i'll also be trying to isolate the details of that.

any midrange brand of amp you would recommend?? never purchased one in the past and really don't know what i would need or who gives the best value for the money

def don't need something super high priced - def don't want a cheap piece of crap ;)

thanks a bunch for your help!

Username: Sas

Post Number: 8
alpine makes some nice amps, mtx, rockford, zapco,xtant. i been buying most of my audio stuff off of ebay, they seem to be selling a little more then cost and i havent had any problems with anything yet. if you buy from ebay make sure the person has a very good feedback rating and that they sell alot of stuff off of ebay and you should be ok

ken in nj
Unregistered guest
got my kappas from ebay ;)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us