daquan
Unregistered guest
MTX Thunder5500 12" Subwoofer Sub 600W T5512-04

i want 4 of these but i need 2 know are they any good b4 i buy them

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 508
MTX subs are OK. But there are better subs for the money.

daquan
Unregistered guest
like?

Anonymous

4 avg Subs doesn't all that much louder or some case not as loud as 2 good subs or maybe even 1 great sub can sounds better. Insteading of getting 4. I would rather invest into better product, if you want 12 try x.x.x, brahma, IDmax, and etc. What's your budget?

daquan
Unregistered guest
like?

Anonymous

like what's your budget? How much do you have to toy around

Anonymous

and I did gave you some choice above
x.x.x
Brahma
ID max

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 514
If you want 4 subs you could try 4 12" Cerwin Vega V-max powered with a Kicker KX1200.1 or JBL BP 1200.1

Anonymous

You would need a lot of room for 4 V-max
what's the price on 12 v-max JayJ? I'm also thinking about up grading my ouwn system. From your other post, I understand you have 1 15'v-max? what's your setup? I'm stilling looking for a sub to upgrade, but one looking to get one.

daquan
Unregistered guest
my budget is around 300 without shippin and handling

daquan
Unregistered guest
i have a 3000 watt ultralinear 2 channel amp and a 800watt hc visonik amp

daquan
Unregistered guest
0o0o and also i think 4 12s would fit becasue i had three 15's and i had a lot of room left over

Anonymous

for 4 subs or 4 subs + amp? if you already have one, what ohm does your amp support and what's the power rating?

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 515
I have my setup on profile. (click my name) It's 2 12" V-max and they pound pretty good for 180 bucks shipped. Heres a site check them out.

www.onlinecarstereo.com

P.S. Amps have been updated to Kickers which brought out the sound a lot better.

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 516
If I was you I would get 2 12" V-maxs and get a JBL BP 600.1. Because those amps you have are not putting out anyway near what they say.

daquan
Unregistered guest
the ultra linear at .5 ohm is 1500 watts or 2000 bridged and the the visonik is 400 bridged at 2 channels

Anonymous

Well, I have a MTX 801D stable at 2 ohms, and 2 compvr 2cf seal box. I'm thinking about upgrading to a single IDmax 12v3 D4 ? what's do you think?

daquan
Unregistered guest
and jayj i had the amps read and the guy got those readins

Anonymous

what's the rms rating one the ultra linear? how about other loads? you really don't want to run the amp at .5 load, it's will get hot really fast.

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 517
Daquan what size fuse(s) does each amps have? Also how many channels do they have?

daquan
Unregistered guest
1 ohm 1200 2ohm 1000 4 ohm 500

Anonymous

JayJ what do you think about IDmax?

daquan
Unregistered guest
i have to chek but i think 80 or 50 amp and the little one runs a 30

daquan
Unregistered guest
the ul runs 2 channel the visonik is 4 channel

Anonymous

the small is the visonik with 4ch has 30?
double check on the fuse on the other one?

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 519
Anonymous I think the IDmax is a GREAT SQ sub.
Daquan if the big amp has an 80 amp fuse it is doing about 690 watts. If it has a 50 then it is doing about 432 watts. The little one is doing about 260 watts.

daquan
Unregistered guest
yes the small one but i cant chek the otha until i take it 2 the shop becuase i have it bolted on the seats where u cant the sidez n i dont no how 2 put it bak if i do

Anonymous

I see, what the model # it and check online, how much did you pay for it?

JayJ how much better one IDmax and the 2 kicker 12cvr? spl?

daquan
Unregistered guest
but the big one has 4 fuse holders i no that much
and the little has 2

Anonymous

somewhat like this one?

http://www.audio-warehouse.com/web/mdl/UL600HCS/detail.asp

daquan
Unregistered guest
i payed 500 for the big one it is a 800 dolla retail n the little i got for 200 and it has a 500 dollar retail

Bronze Member
Username: Calisoutherner

Post Number: 14
Local shops?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
honestly they are both so so brand, you know can't go back now. well, did you check out the url I listed above?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Local shop? or you brought online?

daquan
Unregistered guest
yeh anonymous but the new version mine is green

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
anony, Cali, same.
well, for $300 I would do 2 15 vmax, in a ported box or sealed, either way would work great, your amp should have more power than needed for the 2 15 vmax. That's just my opinon it's very subjective you know.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
http://www.globalsupersale.com/inc/pdetail?v=1&pid=22956
I think this is the one you have

daquan
Unregistered guest
local shop but im selling the ultralinear for 300 hundred 2 my friend because mi b-day is caomin in the next month so i am goin 2 get the rockfordgate 2000 watt rms amp datz why i want 4 subs 2 handle the rocksford amp

daquan
Unregistered guest
no i have the ul600hc not the 300hc

Anonymous

it's going to need a lot of work for your car in order to install a 2000 watt amp, need new alternator, new 1/0 g wiring, and so on. But as for now if you want to go for spl, I would go with 1 adire audio X.X.X www.adireaudio.com you can buy from them, the 12 is $405 shipped, 15 is about 50-60 dollars more, with your amp you should have more than enough power for the sub. Add another one later if you one want. But with 1 15 X.X.X in the right setup, it can reach high 140s db maybe 150db. Normal ear, 120 db will give you hearing problem.

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 520
Adire does not make the X.X.X. RE makes it. You are talking about a Brahma.

CaliSoutherner Yes the one IDMax will put the CVR down. The IDMax is a really good SQ sub.

Anonymous

Oops..sorry about tha, thank you for the correction.

Jayj, where is a good place get enclosure online?
2.5 ported aiming

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 522
www.bigdogaudio.com

Anonymous

I don't see a ported single here.

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 524
Maybe Ebay. I don't really know many sites to buy boxes online because I always build mine.

Anonymous

It's a lot easier if I go with 1 cu.ft sealed I see those boxes everywhere, thanks JayJ, ebay would good too, I'm looking into this one right now,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5719323068&ssPageName=ST RK:MEWA:IT
it's believe at 38hz.
it looks pretty good.

Username: Kingreapper

Logan , Utah USA

Post Number: 1
IS this N e Good
Aight I got a good question i think'
Well here it is Im thinkin about getting
1 Solo X 18" with a JBL A6000 Gti and i was wondering if JBL uses the Universal wattage
Because a dealer has told me that some companies use thier own system but around the year 2006 every one will be going to a universal one. So since the Solo X runs at 5000 RMS and Peak is 10000 and the JBL A6000 Gti at minimius is 6000 RMS and Peak is 12000 would this do the trick to run the sub or would i run the risk of blowing it. So if u cant tell im a newbie but i want one of the best systems in my state (Utah) and i was debatin between the Solo X and the W7 but i hear a lot of different opinions So i dunno. But yeah i need as many comments as possible THX.

Boomin' in 'bama
Unregistered guest
How about an RE X.X.X. or MT. I'd take that any day over a square sub or a W7

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 314
...this treads too long, can we just end it?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us