Adire shivas

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 272
Alright, paycheck comes in the morning.....getting like 500ish....i really want some Adire Shivas, whats the pros and cons of this sub, from everyone talking i take it there are amazing subs...the magnet just doesnt seem to be that big...it could just be the pics not doing it any justice...or is there any other drivers i should look at?

Username: Mattellermets

Danville, IL US

Post Number: 5
i'm very curious about the shivas as well. i am one of the many who mistakenly bought audiobahns... so whenever i sell the spl monsters i want to invest more wisely in a set of quality drivers. let's hear those pros and cons

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1518
Magnet size doesn't have a lot to do with the quality of a motor really, or it's power. A lot of high end sub magnets are overly large because they're either designed for huge power (like SPL competition) or have extremely large polepieces and voice coils to handle a lot of power. The Shiva has excellent sound quality, great SPL, good low end response, even (maybe even especially) at subsonic levels. A sub of this quality would typically sell for $300-400 bucks in a shop. I guess the biggest con would be that they need a pretty large box, 1.75 typical for one 12" sub. For those concerned about it, it's not the type of sub you show off because Adire wanted to cut production cost, thus cutting the cost of the sub.. It's all black, no fancy cones, no chrome baskets or pretty motors, it's all business.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 273
ive got no problem with the look of the sub, i dont car what it looks like, i dont need to show off the basket, i just want the things to kick and sound damn good while doing it, box size is no problem, i got an SUV and have 2 12" L5s back there now and they can get loud but i want better sound quality....i'm planning on building a 4 cube ft box w/ 2 cubes per chamber after port and magnet disp....how much power should i run to the shivas?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1525
They do well with 300-350W RMS each. They will reach linear excursion with that.

Username: A3forme

Post Number: 2
I've heard about these subs, all good things!
1.75 cu ft ported isn't all that big, about average. Those Vmax want 2.6 cu ft.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1527
That's 1.75 sealed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us