What pounds now-a-days?

Seightgtr05
Unregistered guest
I am in a toss up on subs,
I know that ED(elemental designs)had an awesome sub with the e.12.a do they have anything that can compare to those anymore, since they discontinued them? I have also been checking out these...

ID MAX12
Brahma
SoloX
ED's(anything good)?
Audiobahn <--just kidding

I am planning on using a P.G. 1200.1 Xenon or Titanium, to power 2 12's(maybe just 1 sub???)I have heard these and have been reccommended to them from the elemental designs tech guy, and they sounded great.Basically I'm either wanting some reassurance on which to get or a better recomendation.

P.S. I'm looking to get 60% SQ and 40% SPL for all you that want the nitty grit to give me the best advice

Username: Mallen324

Dearborn, MI USA

Post Number: 6
i think bumping your old thread would be more respectful than just making the same one again...

Silver Member
Username: Jtb

Post Number: 101
I would go with an IDMAX or a Brahma between those two, you could power two of subs with that amp, though im not sure how the ohms will work out. 600 watts should push the IDMAXs to full excursion, but Im not sure about the brahmas. Of course you could just buy one sub if you want, your choice.

They are both really nice subs, IDMAX has a slight edge in SQ IMO, but the SQ difference between the two is almost undistinguishable, as is the difference in SPL, except you can feed the brahma some extra power. If you want a sub with more SPL that still sounds great I would get an RE X X X. www.reaudio.com

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 118
out of those subs listed above id go wih the brahma. the IDMAX has top notch SQ, but the brahma is a better all around sub. it just straight knocks while maintaining awesome SQ. you might want to consider 1 15" but 2 12" would also work out. 600watts to each brahma would work fine, but 1200 to one 15 would slam as well. youve got some options. what kinda car is this going into?

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
Actually the IDMAX displaces more air than the brahma if I am not mistaken.

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
oh it also has superior midbass transition

Bronze Member
Username: Jldub6

Post Number: 22
JL >>> ALL

Bronze Member
Username: Boopers

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 66
Shocker Super Extreme 12" can handle up to 1200 rms

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
JL is way overpriced, and in my opinion not as good as a lot of speakers, especially in value. I think JLs are a watse of money =/

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1511
ID max has more displacement, you're right John. Nearly 1L more, but the SPL difference is negociable, as is the SQ, probably within 1db of each other. The excursion of the ID Max and Brahma are very close, but the ID Max has MUCH more surface area than a Brahma due to the surround (peak roll, narrow and tall). Forget the Solo X, you can get more SPL with much less than 5,000W RMS, plus there are problems with a square sub.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1512
Also, I'd take the ID Max and Brahma over any JL, regardless of price, I find both have better SQ and similar SPL. Saying they own all is just ignorant.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us