6X9 Speakers

a7x fan
Unregistered guest
I have a '91 buick park avenue and im looking to replace the speakers with some really good ones for a decent price does anyone have any recomendations?

a7x fan
Unregistered guest
after reading other posts about not needing back speakers, the 6X9s are the ones in the back, but now in the '91 buick i only have a 4 speaker sound system, 4X6s in the doors and then in the back i got 6X9s in the back, would the back speakers be nessasary then? just having 4X6s seems like it wouldnt deliver to much of a clean yet loud sound that im looking for. any recomendations on what i could do to still get a clean and loud sound?

Bronze Member
Username: Tafkam

Dayton, Oh

Post Number: 74
I don't think 4x6 would do much for you. I asked this question myself a few days ago and the experienced folks here told me to forget about anything in a 4x6. I am in the market for some really good 6x9 my self and am leaning towards the Infinity Kappa 3 ways, does anyone else have an an opinion as to these or what, if anything is better in a 6x9?

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 498
I would take 6 1/2 over 6x9s because the oval speakers will distort worse. As for a7x what you need is a good component set with an amp running them then you will have the loud sound you want.

Username: Hurricane5

Blue Bell, Pa Us

Post Number: 7
i have infinity kappa 6*9 693.5i in my 2004 chevey cavalier and they have to be the clearist speakers i have heard in anyones car around me so they are a good choice. the 4*6 i have infinty refrence 6402cf. They are also very good and not very expensive.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us