Advice wanted...

Username: Document_c

NY

Post Number: 3
Hey guys I'm working on building a really nice audio system for my Acura RSX and was wondering if I could get some help.

Right now I'm looking for a sub with really nice sq that can easily bump out a nice spl rating. I'm think 2 12 inch subs in a sealed box but I'm having some trouble deciding which ones. Either way I'll prob go to a few local audio shops to test stuff out but I don't know if they'll have these to test out. The 3 main subs I'm looking at now are:

2 12" JL w6v2's or 2 12" JL w7's
2 12" Adire Audio Brahamas
2 12" RE X_X_X's

I just wanted to get your opinions on those and I'm open to other suggestions including other subs, or switching the size/setup of these. Thanks for any and all help you guys can give.

Silver Member
Username: Blindc1rca

Post Number: 119
first of all, youll need a new alternator to power any of those, second of all, get the 2 w7's, finally, dont put them in a sealed box, go ported.

Username: Document_c

NY

Post Number: 5
Well I'm going to hook up a new alternator def. You don't think the RE's or Brahamas will give me more perforamnce, both sq and spl for my money? And lastly won't ported make it a more heavy bass, if I'm already running 2 very big powerful subs wouldn't ported make it over the top in terms of spl and make it lose some of its sq? Thanks again, sorry for all the questions but I've put in a lot of work for this money and I want to make it sound the best as possible.

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 110
the brahama and the x.x.x. outdoes the W7 in SQ and SPL..and they are a hell of a lot cheaper. the triple X takes the SPL but the brahama has a little better SQ. ported will give you more bass of course but requires a larger box so just check your measurements first. how much are you willing to spend here? i believe the brahama 12 was 379$? and the X.X.X. was a little over 400$. both will get plenty loud..JL is a great company with awesome subs, but they are just so damn overpriced its not worth it. you could also think about 1 15" triple X or brahama
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us