I just got JL DUB6 12"...

JL.W6
Unregistered guest
its powered by boss RIOT 1600...

i have it in a closed box.

my question there is this, do you think i should make it open box by manually driling holes in it???

Bronze Member
Username: Jtb

Post Number: 97
That isn't how you port a box, and you should get a new amp.

JL.DuB6
Unregistered guest
uhh explain?

Youarecrazy
Unregistered guest
dude holy crap, drilling holes... was that a joke? I hope so. And John was right about your amp, why dont you sell that thing and get something worth the money, like an mtx 421d or a kicker kx400.1. Boss makes crap amps. Period. How coult you get such a nice sub and then insult it by powering it with such a crappy amp, apologize to the sub, DO IT.

JL.DuB6
Unregistered guest
hey man, this is my first sub combo and i got it for hook ups..

3 bills for all that, i mean come on, can't miss out on that deal..

plus i prolly invest in a better amp so its all good!!

hater
Unregistered guest
how many subs do u have, a boss riot, that piece of poo aint pushing 1600 more like 800 watts or maybe less, want a good fairly priced amp go for the hifonics, just depends on the rms on the subs, and drilling holes in your box for port, how the hell u goin to know what frequency your tunning at......... hmmm swiss cheese box i think i'll do it!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 46
WTF!
leave it sealed if you dont know how to port it.
and they are right boss sucks @$$, royally, get a RF, but thats just my opinion.

Username: Jldub6

Post Number: 2
LOL!

Bronze Member
Username: Jtb

Post Number: 98
Ok JL.Dub6, you seem pretty new to car audio, so this is what I suggest you do.

Go to this website

http://p079.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27

Read everything you think will behoove you.

Go to the subwoofer enclosure section, and find out how to make a ported box.

I would also read the page about different brand amps and speakers, and get a good amp. You have a really good sub but that amp is horrible. And the sub will do fine in a sealed box, but if you really want to port it, go for it. It is just a complicated process, especially if this is your first time building a box.

Username: Jldub6

Post Number: 6
John, thx for the info, appreciate it.

DamnCrackhead
Unregistered guest
I think you should leave that damn CRACKPIPE alone and go back to school you idiot. With your POS Audiobahn sub.

Username: Mallen324

Dearborn, MI USA

Post Number: 2
thanks for the link john, thats something i needed.

Anonymous

hey, it's all good man. i used to think that i could just drill holes in my box as well. it sounded really crappy lemme tell you that. port noise was so noticeable. but it did give a louder response. but my advice to you, just leave it sealed. port later whenever you gain the knowledge. it just takes time man. you're probably a little kid right now, or an old man who's just gettin started, but just take your time.

Bronze Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 87
John Thnx for the link, that should be very helpful to us "OLD MEN" just getting started.
JL-- Anon. is right JUST TAKE YOUR TIME. most not all the people on here are as helpful as can be. There are a few though (3posts up) that we all try to ignore) But take it from a 51 yr.old going through his 2nd childhood (LOL) just slow down and check things out before making any moves.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us