I don't know whats wrong....

Bronze Member
Username: Teg24

Post Number: 32
I just got my amp back from JL because there was no output and its in complete working condition now ...and i hooked it back up to my car ...and i have the power,ground, and RC's in.. and its bridged to one ohm with my 12w3 d4 but it's not hitting at all. I kno the Sub isnt blown cuz i hooked it up to my friends amp and it was good ...so ne suggestions on what i should do ....thanks

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 707
with a D4 sub you can have it at 2 ohm not 1. Try checking all your settings on your amp and make sure if you have a subwoofer output on your headunit that its not off or tuned way down.

Bronze Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 38
you did't mention a remote wire, maybe it isnt plugged in and your amp inst even on.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 264
yea you'll need a remote wire...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
sorry forgot to mention it but yea the remote wire is in...how would u put it at 2 ohm ...i didnt think u could do that on a mono amp like the jl 250/1?? thanks for the replies

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 710
Ok this is how you do it.

Take one voice coile and run the + and - to the other + and -. Then run a + and - to the amp and that will give you a 2 ohm load.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
my bad I didnt mention that i had a 250/1 b4

Bronze Member
Username: Jtb

Post Number: 96
I would check the ground wire. Is the protection light coming on the amp(if it has one)?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
checked the ground and it looks fine .. there are only power, thermal, and low lights on the amp....the power is on and the low wasnt yesterday when i was trying but i just tried it a little while ago and the low light is on also now...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
actually the low light wasnt on ..it was just hard for me to tell during the day ....so the amp has power ..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us