SQ Sub

Anonymous

Ok looking for a great sq sub and dont really know what to get. I have about 450$ to spend on a sub and i cant find one i like so thats why i am posting here. I tried a single brahma sealed with 500 watts and it didnt transition very well with my midbass. So what are your suggestion for an all out SQ woofer in that price range

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 259
i have heard amazing reviews in the SQ department about the Image Dynamics IDMAXX subs...

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1504
ID Max is fantastic for midbass transition, or midbass itself for that matter. I like it a lot better than the Brahma in the midbass transition department.

Anonymous

how would an ID Max sound with 500 watts for an sq setup?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1508
It will sound excellent, you might not push it to full excursion with 500W RMS, but remember that double the power is only a 3 db increase. They are efficient and work well with less power than they're rated for. It'll still hit hard with 500W RMS and sound great. The ID Max will displace more air than the 12" Brahma, so you'll hit about the same or harder than your Brahma did.

Bronze Member
Username: Jtb

Post Number: 95
Jon I have a question about the IDMAX. It says on the spec sheet its freq ranges from 10 hz to 150 hz, so do you think it would be alright setting the LPF at 150? I know most people set their LPF to around 80. Would the 12" be slow on the higher freqs?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us