4 infinity reference...............

Saosin
Unregistered guest
sup guys, i was needing some opinions on the infinity reference series, they are the lower end of infinity, they take i beileve 250 rms a piece, i'm looking at 4 12's and feeding aprox. 275 to them.... was wondering what you guys thought about them............

Silver Member
Username: Hiphopanonymous

Post Number: 118
i was thinking the same back them. though, i was only looking at 4 10" reference series. But if you can fit them in your car, then i'd say go for it. they're pretty cheap anyway, so it would be a deal. but if you want serious bump, then i'd say save your money up for some real contenders.

saosin
Unregistered guest
yeah i hear ya, unfortantly i don't have time in my life to build boxes and stuff, i have 2 boxes that i have made before that i use, can anyone recommend 2 12's with bump for about 300-400 dollars i know the more u spend the more u get but kinda in a budget, i have a memphis 1000d which pushes 1100x1ohm so lookin for something that can take the power

MTXpert
Unregistered guest
Go for the Audiobahn Alum or flame Q series. They sound aweseome.

Also, I really Like the Sony P5s . They have been winning some SPL contests here locally.

The Fosgate P3s really hit hard and they are about $300 + shipping on Ebay.

Last but not least, my personal favorite the Kicker L7, I think you can find 2 of those for around $400 on the internet. Those suckers hit hard and sound good

Bronze Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 28
L7's knock balls off

Bronze Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 16
dont go with sony or audiobahn. they don't have very good sq. kicker is alright i really don't like the square design though. has a lot of stress points on it. and no they don't sound good compaired to the brahma , w7, re tripple x, vmax and others. you could get 2 shivas for about 250 shipped and they would sound tons better than those audiobahn, sony, or kicker subs.
here r the two brands that i prefer:
www.adireaudio.com
www.reaudio.com
ive gota 15" adire audio brahma in a big ported box and it slams way more than a L7 would and sounds a ton better. you can get a 12" brahma for around 380 i believe. (havent looked lately) Resonant engineering makes awesome subs as well a little more expensive than adire but awesome subs for the money. DONT BUY AUDIOBAHN, SONY, OR KICKER SQUARE SUBS!!!

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1503
Kicker L7s, Audiobahn, Sony, and RF subs, could you have picked subs that sound any worse? Mediocre SPL subs, yes even the L7. I've explained the downsides of a square sub so many times that I'm just tired of typing it. Do a search if you want to learn. Won't work anyway as he wants to use an older box. What size is your box, we'll work around that for the best application

Bronze Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 53
well i never heard any of those Brahmas or RE subs, but i like the 15L7. It cant be that bad, it sounds good to me. I know someone that has one in an 8 cubic foot slot port box. but hey, what do I know?

Bronze Member
Username: Squanto

No, No Usa

Post Number: 22
i have 2 10" infinity references. not the best sub.... although it was the best i found at circuit city at the time. im actually looking to upgrate to some v-maxes or possible shivas. save yourself the money and go with some better subs now.
the 12's could probably handle 275 rms. im putting about 350 rms to each 10" and ive blown one out after about 2 months of that. the 12's have a higher power rating. but i wouldnt go with the infinitys if i were you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us