Question on newbie setup

Stonycrook
Unregistered guest
I've a 2000 civic ex, my plan right now is to buy Infinity Kappa 692.5i, everytying else is stock including the door speaks. I just want decent decent sound. I don't plan to buy an amp or anything like that anytime soon. Would my stock stereo cd system be able to power the speakers decently? If not, would an in-dash (mp3 player at 22RMS?) receiver be enough? Thanks!

Username: Matt_n

Vermont

Post Number: 1
The MP3 reciever would probably deliver enough power for you and most likely be cleaner sounding than that stock unit.

The problem is that stock speakers only hold up to so much. So if your looking to put bass frequencies through them, they aren't going to sound good for very long.

I would upgrade the front speakers first since those will set your sound stage, then your rears. And if you want good compatibility, stick with the same brand and series of speakers. Infinity is a good choice in this case.

Stonycrook
Unregistered guest
Thanks for your advice! I upgraded by getting Infinity Reference 6002si for the fronts. What do you recommend for the rears?

Username: Matt_n

Vermont

Post Number: 3
Grab the 6x9's of the same series. They should be closely matched as far as the spectrum of frequencies are concerned. Plus they should give you better bass response when your done.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us