12w6v2 vs. Vmax 15.

Bronze Member
Username: Blindc1rca

Post Number: 99
Should I get a JL 12w6v2 in a prowedge box powered by a kicker kx400.1, or a 15" vmax in a custom ported box powered by the same amp? I want SQ of course, but also loudness, which sub would hit harder?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
i have a mad test schedule tomoro, plus i gotta get ready for this damned hurricane, so if someone could help me out really quick before i go to bed thatd be kickass.

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
pleeeease, i seriously gotta go and i think im gonna buy tomoro.

Anonymous

well the w6 v2 would definetly be the better sub sub idk if it would oush it with only 400 watts but i would still get w6v2 and possible upgrde amps in the future

Anonymous

Yep 12W6V2 to the Max.

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
the 12w6v2 is a 400 w RMS sub, and Id have it in a sealed prowedge box. Obviously it would have better SQ but would it hit harder than 1 15" vmax which is also 400w RMS?

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
o btw id get the vmax in a ported box, so ported vmax 15 vs. sealed JL 12w6 in SPL.

Visitor#78
Unregistered guest
The W6 is sooooo much more expensive, you could get 2 VMAX 15s for the price

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
no i know that, im saying the 12w6 is smaller, and itd be in a sealed box vs the 15" vmax in a custom ported box, which one would hit harder. I know the price of each, i just want to know how the SPL compares.

Visitor#78
Unregistered guest
I don't think the VMAX is in the same Calibur as the 12w6....but I still think the 15 would hit harder ported.

Bronze Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 27
W6 all the way

Bronze Member
Username: Heavyb

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 73
the displacement of the 15 would still make it hit harder. i am not doubting that the w6 would sound better but the vega would have alot more surface area and it also have 4 mm more xmax.

Bronze Member
Username: Cbigchrisb

Post Number: 32
including the vmax would ported vs sealed
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us