Speakers crackle sometimes?

Username: J_komorski

Post Number: 1
Hey there, just installed a used Sony CDX-MP450 deck in my truck with pioneer 6X9s. One problem ive come across so far is when the truck is shut off, the deck doesnt seem to have enough power to spin a cd, it constantly seems to skip and try to reload. The radio works fine. This I assume is a bad battery, not supplying enough current, so I turn on the truck, and the deck stays on fine, except now I have a fairly loud crackling noise coming from the speakers, at any volume. Deck is used and speakers are supposedly brand new. Any sudgestions? please reply or email to j_komorski@hotmail.com
Thanks

Username: Matt_n

Vermont

Post Number: 5
Battery is most likely fine if you can still start the truck. I would look more into upgrading the wiring coming into the deck. Stock wiring is notoriously plagued with too thin of wire and terrible grounds.

Try tapping off the fuse box with thicker wire. Bigger than 18 guage but no more than like 12 guage (much bigger is just a waste of money and usually harder to bend in tight spaces like dashes). Also make your own ground to the body somewhere. Most of the dash shares a ground connection and that can just lead to noise problems later on. Finally make sure all the connections (power, speaker, etc.) are all good and solid. This should help things.

If all elese fails, you might want to think about testing the components of the system and maybe think about replacing them with units you KNOW are new.

Good Luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us