Do I need rear speakers?

Username: Jdl

Post Number: 1
Ok, I have a JL 300/4 amp left over from my previous car, and I'll be getting a set of Infinity Perfect 6.1s for the doors. I also have a pair of 12" Infinity subs in a sealed box for the trunk (no amp), which was left over from another car. I know that the "right" way to do it would be to buy another amp to power the subs, and use the 300/4 to power my fronts and rears...but I don't want to spend the money for another amp right now.

So....my plan is to power the subs with the rear channels of the 300/4 (75W x 2) and the Perfects up front with the front channels.

I know I won't have window-rattling bass with only 150W back there, but that's not a major concern for me. I just want good SQ, but I'm afraid it might sound a little thin with only front speakers. I guess I could leave the factory rears in and power them from the HU just to fill in the sound a bit, but not if it will kill my SQ.

What do you think? Do I need rear speakers? Is 75W x 2 up front enough? I know 75W x 2 isn't "enough" for the subs, but will it do? Any suggestions would be welcome.

Silver Member
Username: Hiphopanonymous

Post Number: 114
No, i don't think you need rear speakers. I mean, everybody else in here seems to think that rear speakers aren't necessary. Plus, you can just run the front for now from the HU and power the subs with your 4 channel amp. Later on, you can buy a more powerful mono amp to power your subs. That's what I'd do. This could be your temporary system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us