Question about amp and box

Bronze Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 12
after the ma audio fiasco

i now have a 6500 MTX amp that @14.4volts puts i think 775 @ 12.5 its 575 i believe

will this amp work with the 2 12" vmaxs i just got delivered?

and where should i get a box thats ported for them
i went to the local store and they gave me a song and dance about how they were the best and a ported box will run me 350 or so .....so im positive i can get a better deal

but any insight is appreciated

Silver Member
Username: Caraudiofng

Houston, TX

Post Number: 183
Yeah, the amp is fine for those subs, MTX tends to be a little under rated and that's plenty of power for a ported box.

I woudln't pay more than $150-$160. Just make sure thy use 3/4" MDF. At the worst case scenario, you can go to www.ProBoxRocks.com (they are in Dallas) They have a box called the SuperBass for 2 12s. I've already check with Cerwin Vega tech dept. They said that the 2.25 Cu Ft per sub is good. The guy Billy at ProBox quoted $139 for the box and like $50 shipping. But thats still only $189 compared to $350 and the box looks great too.

Also, check out www.cardomain.com and ebay.

FNG

Bronze Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 14
those obcon boxes look insane i bet they slam, but they are very pricey

did you ever get your vmax's

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 339
those v maxes will pound on that 6500d just watch how high you set your gains

Username: Topedgeonline

Montrose, Colorado United States

Post Number: 7
large selection of high spl vented enclosures here
www.topedgeonline.com
The boxes manufactured by Audio Dynamics are sealed with wood glue, staples, and a hot melt plastic.
Have a lot of boxes under $100 Shipped!

Username: One_creeper

Post Number: 3
whats up?!?! i need some info on building a sub box for two 10" subs with 5/8 MDF. i have a 98 chevy silverado ext cab. need to know dimensions, what the difference is between ported and sealed, and the difference between down firing and front firing....email me with any info please.. cale at warmapplepie27@hotmail.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us