Knowing when your MID-BASS Breaks IN .... ?

InfinityPerfect6.1
Unregistered guest
I have a set of infinity kappa perfect 6.1 and till now i played them for 3 days .... How will i know that the mid-bass has broken in... ?? And How much volume from the head unit can i give to these components if i have a 100w/2 amplifier...

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1365
Depends on how much you've listened to them, but usually takes longer than 3 days. You'll notice better bass and a smoother sound quality(especially in the lower midrange, plus the upper midrange will balance out better and blend with the tweeter better) after break in, there's no way to tell by looking at them or anything. Depends on how you drive them and what you listen to, but usually takes between 20-40 hours of listening.

InfinityPerfect6.1
Unregistered guest
What are the best settings for me to set the head unit for this components ??? Treble Bass and Mid ? I set treble to -2 , Bass to +4 and Mid to -3 ... are these settings good or ? Another question ... Will i have better sound quality if i play Normal Audio Cd's Then playing MP3's ??? Cause when i play mp3's my head unit starts distorting at volume of 25 ... and the head unit keeps going up to 35 ....

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1371
You don't need to boost bass, cut others if necessary. You'll have to adjust gain to compensate, and with so much gap between bass and mid, you'll get distortion in the bass region and lack mid and treble. Use the tweeter adjustments on the crossover if you want to cut treble, and maybe cut the midrange on the HU if necessary. Audio CDs naturally have better sound quality than MP3s because they aren't compressed. Distortion can come from many things, if you don't already have an external amp, you really need one to get the most out of those components, because with that weak head unit amp, you'll lack bass reproduction and will distort quickly and easily. You won't get the best performance or SQ from those components without an amp. As far as volume from the head unit, if you adjust the gains correctly, then the volume will normally be around 3/4 of max from the head unit when the system is at peak performance.

InfinityPerfect6.1
Unregistered guest
I have a Hifonics ZX4000 as an amp.... How can i set the gains of the amp ? It doesn't have any gain knobe... All it has is Bass Frequency , HP LP Full , HP frequency and LP Frequency ... Nothing else...

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1382
That amp says variable input level on the specs, there's not a lot you can do if it doesn't have anywhere to adjust the input sensitivity.

InfinityPerfect6.1
Unregistered guest
I have a voltage knobe will that make a difference cause its all the way down .... ???

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1387
Possibly, that's probably the gain setting. Try setting the gain. It'll be more than all the way down usually, turn the head unit up until you hear clipping, then back off until it stops. After that, turn the voltage of the amp up until clipping occurs, and again back off until it just stops.

InfinityPerfect6.1
Unregistered guest
Ok 10x jonathan ... Your a great friend...
So if the head unit puts out say about 2.3volts would that be the best setting or less than 1.5v. I have a kenwood head unit mpv622 which probably puts out about 1.5volts... 10x again jonathan your great...

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1393
It really depends on your head unit, the EQ settings you have, etc. It also depends on how that head unit is rated, many head unit preouts are measured with peak output, while an amps input is an RMS input. You'll just have to try it yourself for best results.

Silver Member
Username: Maxkilla

Malta

Post Number: 115
Its rated 22w RMS x 2 ... But Voltage is surley under 2volts cause my other amp has a switch from below 2v or over 2v to 8v and it only works under the 2volts...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us