Amp help!!

Username: Ginuwinepz

Post Number: 1
hi...I am somewhat new to the car audio busniess, but know some of my stuff....i recently installed the Sony MEX-5DI head unit...2 kicker 4x6 front speakers and 2 explod 6x9's in the rear...those are powered by a sony 500 watt amp. and i had 2 explod 12" subs powered by a sony 1000 watt amp...but i decieded to go to a 15" kicker comp VR and a kicker 200.2 amp...i bought the amp from a friend..and it did not work in his car, so i tried it in my other friend's car and it worked great...it thumped his 2 12" kicker comps really hard...so i brought it home, and unhooked my 1000 watt sony and went to hook up the kicker amp..and it did the same thing that it did...the power protector light just comes on, and i am almost 100% positive the wireing is hooked up right, because my 500 watt amp works just fine. Did i get ripped on buying this amp? or what can i do to fix it? any help would be GREATLY appreciated

Visitor#78
Unregistered guest
Is the CompVr the Dual 4ohm or Dual 2ohm model? And what is the exactly model of Sony Amp you're using?

Post Number: 5
I am not sure what model the 500 watt amp is...the 1000 watt amp is xm-2565 GTX...the 500 works great and is doing everything i want it too....i tried hooking the kicker up all by itself without any sony equipment hooked to it other than my head unit, and the power protector came on still...The sub is 4 ohm. Would the 1000 watt sony amp run that as good as the kicker 200.2? should i just take the Kicker amp back to him and get my money back...and then just run the sub using the sony 1000?

Post Number: 6
I talked to a local tech and he thinks he can get me fixed up, but anymore opinions or ideas on this would be greatly appreciated! thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us