The Stupidest Question In The World

Anonymous

Howdy Y'all. Say, Yall know what impedance tweeters have? I mean, if it is still 4 ohms or whatnot?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1323
Depends on the tweeter, many are 8 ohm, some are 4, it depends on the crossover used and the fact that a tweeter and mid have to be matched in level.

Anonymous

I bought a pair of "component speakers" from a store not to long ago. It was a set of 6.5s and tweeters, but he did not give me any crossovers for them. He only gave me bass blockers, and told me to wire them in paralell. Does this make sense? Or is this guy keeping the crossovers to sell and make more money? Am I safe with what he gave me, or is this guy doing some shotty business practices? Not to mention that the speakers I bought from him just kinda blew up, and took my amp with them. I think I was putting a 2 ohm load into an amplifier that WASN'T 2 ohm stable. Would a set of crossovers make the 2 speakers a 4 ohm impedance, or would it work just like wiring in paralell, and create a 2 ohm impedance?

BTW Don't worry about my amp. It was warrantied and I just got a new one. Anways, Please help me out here guys. I need to know if it was somthing I did, or if it was this guy trying to screw me over. Thanks

RngrMan99
Unregistered guest
Well, if crossovers are a part of your components kit, then you should of recieved them and not something else. What store was it? If it was like Best Buy or Circuit City, talk to their store manager and if that doesn't help, corporate office. If it was one of those independent stereo shops, speak with the owner and if they won't make it right, involve the BBB (Better Business Burau), newspaper, TV, etc. until they make it RIGHT! In that case, it would be better for them to just give you what you want then suffer "public" humiliation and poor sales cause they decided to rip you off.

Anonymous

Yeah, You got a point there. Thanks man!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us