Help with audio setup for my Van, quality & placement questions

74 VW Westy
Unregistered guest
I am looking to put in a nice sound system in my 1974 Volkswagen Westfalia. It doesn't have any existing spot for speakers so i can try and put em enywhere. It seems that the dorr or at the front panel by the feet would be too low (resulting in low plane of sound, correct?) Any suggestions on where to put them higher so that the sound good while driving (i am a tall guy and my head is close to the ceiling) and while relaxing in the back. The vehicle is large and open and a bit noisy on the highway so keep all this in mind. Would speaker boxes for the rear 6x9s really sacrifice quality because i like the idea of being able to move those rear speakers depending on where i am sitting/sleeping/camping, etc?

I also wonder how good of a system I should get considering I would listen to music primarily through the AUX port and my iPod (ripped CDs). Are Infinity Perfects overkill because my source is MP3s? should I be saving some money and looking cheaper?

What kind of set up would you experts reccomend for a car like this, with music coming from an iPod, no ned to be bass heavy, I listen to mostly rock, punk, indie. No need to rumble the thing.

thanks a lot.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us