Best Sound Quality Songs?????

Username: Chippa

Post Number: 29
What songs really make an audio system sound amazing? What are your favorite AWESOME SOUND QUALITY song recordings????

Username: Newb

Post Number: 34
lol, did u start the hardest hitting song thread too?

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 377
there are several discs I use for that as reference material.

Madonna's Immaculate Collection CD

Telarc's Classical/Baroque CDs (Ravel, Bach, Mozart, Chopin, Wagner, and Beethoven are good ones)

Anything recorded on Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs (MFSL) 24K Gold Original Masters CDs.
namely Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall, are good ones. So is Jeff Beck's Wired.

Enya's "Only Time - The Collection" 4 CD set, mainly the first 2 discs.

Anything by Tori Amos, Sarah Mclachlan, or Jonatha Brooke (or her band The Story)

Eric Clapton's 24 Nights 2 CD set, song- Old Love

Username: Creampuff

Post Number: 5
No, I started the Hardest Hitting Songs thread.......
For Clean bass, Lil Jon - I Dont Give A F*** takes all

Post Number: 31
Alice in Chains--MTV Unplugged Album

Anonymous

i try to stick with stuff made by THX there tones dont go below 14hrz very often

Anonymous

i try to stick with stuff made by THX there tones dont go below 14hrz very often

Post Number: 411
The THX test CD is handy, as is the IASCA test CD, but for auditioning speakers, I like something more natural, that gives me a feel for soundstage, imaging, and warmth.. things like that.
acoustic performances, good vocalists like Alana Davis, Tori Amos, Enya, Sarah M., Sheryl Crow, and so on. Especially live performances..
Things with complex instrumental arrangements like Baroque music (Beethoven's 9th movement, Fur Elise, Brandenburg Concertos, etc)
stuff with excellent dynamic range from soft passages to loud and back like Clapton's live performance of Old Love.
things that put speakers through their paces, as well as amplifiers, too.

Username: Bdb_86

Post Number: 7
maybe try the lord of the rings the fellowship of the ring cd that makes me feel like i am in a sound stage kinda

Post Number: 439
erm, soundstage is a term refering to a quality that is desireable in an audio system.
good soundstage means that when listening, the musicians sound as if they are out in front of you, and up on a stage..
not down by your feet, or next to you, or behind you.

Imaging on the other hand is the ability to discern left from right as well as individual instrument/musician placement, so that you can't tell a distinct left and right pinpoint speaker position. Ideally you want things to sound "real" or "live" and not like speakers.

Username: Disco_stan

Post Number: 17
DVD-A disc have awesome sound quality, thats only if u have a DVD-A player in your car. I would say Queen DVD-A dics have nice quality sound to them.

Post Number: 454
some DVD-A are good. some sound like crap.
if the music was recorded with 6 channel in mind then it's ok.
most older stuff remastered to 5.1 sounds like a$$.

By the way try SACD some time.. much nicer than DVD-A, and most SACD material is mastered much better as well.

ut I'm a purist. I feel music is meant for 2.0 not multi-channel.
DTS/DD is for movies. Stereo is for music.

Post Number: 21
I do agree with that. But now, as a collection DVD-A disc of music is now getting caught up with DTS for movies. But the DVD-A disc will never get popular anytime soon so I still but CDs. If you haven't listened to any Queen DVD-A discs, I recconmend u do, thats if u like group. Their album, "The Game" is a promising one. So plz post anymore fav. DVD-A Disc.

Post Number: 37
Remember fellas, this is car audio. SACD and DVD-Audio cannot be played in most cars.

Post Number: 27
Only to the car stereophiles out there and audiophiles it matters.

Post Number: 504
most cars.
Infinity I believe has a car comng out with a stock 6 channel DVD-A player in it.
pretty slick.

Anyway most cars don't have subs either so that would negate this entire forum, not just the thread.
This is "subwoofers" after all.

eck, 3 years ago, hardly anyone had DVD in their car..
Now it's almost standard on every soccer mom's minivan.

Post Number: 39
I here ya Glass, but there are home and car audio sections to this forum. I was just trying to find some good songs to wow people in my car. Thanks bro.

Post Number: 510
pretty much everything I listed is on normal CD format..
even the MFSL discs.. those 24K gold CDs play fine in car systems.

hope ya get a chance to sample some of that list above.

Post Number: 40
If any of you can get a hold the the LSU Tiger Band CD, the LSU Pre-Game song, really compliments an audio system. It is loud, full, and punchy. You can really feel it in your chest. By the way, GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Number: 521
I apologize for this being a bit off topic, but if anyone happens to locate the following band and song, please give me a shout. I'm having little luck finding it through any channels, retail or otherwise.
Bang Wa Cherry - Chin Chin

If any of you saw the movie Blade )first one) this was the song, and band playing in the Japanese nightclub scene. (The Schoolgirl band)
It's an oddly elusive song to track down, and it's not on the Blade soundtrack.

Username: Redskin

Post Number: 27
Hmmmm does this choice of band shine a ray of light on your personal habits. Schoolgirls indeed.

Post Number: 41
If any of you watched the Sugar Bowl tonight, you've probably heard the fight song I was referring to. LSU TIGERS=National Champions!!!!!!!! Imagine the partying on Bourbon right now.

Username: Hydro

Post Number: 48
Screw LSU My College was the only one to beat them yeap the FLORIDA GATORS GO BLUE

Post Number: 525
I like anime.
anyone who watches anime will notice the abundance of japanese schoolgirls throughout the various shows.. haha

I did grow up overseas after all. I have an excuse.

Post Number: 42
I'm sorry. What title did the gators win??? O ok, just checking. Peace

GRRRRRRRR

Username: Ostatestephanie

Post Number: 7
is alphasonik a good brand.. i have been very patient looking for subs.. i just want it easy.. i dont want to shake the car next to me .. i just want/need more bass in my '96 ford explorer w/ after market speakers and a sony cd/mp3 player.. dual 400-watt, 10" alphasonik subs and a 2-channel amplifier that features a high- and low-pass crossover and a 360-watt peak power rating.

hopefully it will be decent.. if anyone knows anything let me know.. it seems to be rated pretty good and the reviews are good too!

Post Number: 538
goddamnit, stephanie, you're starting to piss me off.
stop trying to hijack posts that have nothing to do with those pile of crap alphasonik subs.
start your own friggin thread.

Username: Ostatestephanie

Post Number: 11
damn-- no one would answer and people are getting off topic anyways-- yah lets talk about LSU-- scream at them

Post Number: 545
I don't care about college or professional sports either, but at least those posts were talking about music.. at first anyway.

even if it was a weak attempt at a tangent so someone could rant about their college. heh

college sports.
what a waste of time and money.
If you're paying $20k to go to college.. you should be metriculating. Not playing with someone's balls.

Post Number: 43
Hey now. I talked about college for 3 threads and I ended it. And that's only because we won the national championship(which is a great honor). Let's keep it above the waist here fellas. By the way, did any of you get a chance to hear the LSU Pre-game recording?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us