NEED AN ENCLOSURE!!

Unregistered guest
Ok, i have an Audiobahn AW1200Q
12" Dual 4-ohm Voice Coil Component Subwoofer. I hear that the box makes the speaker, and is very important.
the specs are top-mount depth 5-13/16"
sealed box volume: 0.7-1.63 cubic feet
ported box volume: 2.06 cubic feet (crutchfield)I drive a wrangler and have about 10" bottom depth to work with. I know custom fab is the best option but i'm not willing to spend the money.Glasswolf, what box would u reccomend (sealed, ported, volume etc) and where could i find it. I'll pay up to 125$ for it. I'm more interested in sound quality over loudness.

Unregistered guest
anyone??

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 375
you could go sealed for ideal SQ, but in a wrangler.. that's a lot of noise to overcome. you'd be better with a lot of clean power, and either vented or bandpass if you want any sort of volume out of it.
if you had a quieter car it might be a different matter

Unregistered guest
thx again glasswolf, i found Q-Logic QLT-1.2512SE
Type 2 Single 12" Truck Box at crutchfield. u can port it or use it sealed, internal volume = 1.25 ft. from what you said, i'd run it ported (fig. out port lenght of course) would u recomend using fiber fill stuffing?

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
tell me more about your jeep and if its a soft or hardtop.
how many watts will you be sending to the sub?
will you need to mount the amp on or psuedo in the box also? what type of finish and color?
and lastly this information should have come with your sub but i need all the parameters.
Qts:
Vas:
Re:
Le:
Xmas:
Z:
Qms:
Qes:
SPL:
BL:
SD:
if you can provide as much onformation as possible id be more than happy to design a box for your jeep and also one last thing let me know what location you would like to mount the box?
my ex girlfriend has a jeep wrangler and i designed and built 2 custom boxes for her jeep that fit over each rear wheel well and also acted as armrests when the jump seat was folded down. they had no holes and didnt appear as speaker boxes and to any onlooker they are completely covered with no visible place for the subwoofer. i designed them to use camlocks to lock into the soft top rail from the underside and the bottom of each box had a n.o. switch tied into the alarm system so the box was physically locked to the jeep as well as protected by the alarm system.
if you will be needing something like that then let me know and i can do something similiar.
jay

Unregistered guest
thx jay, i have a 2002 jeep wrangler sport, soft top
i will be using 1 Audiobahn AW1200Q
12" Dual 4-ohm Voice Coil Component Subwoofer powered by 1 Profile Clarus CL600M
300W x 1 Mono Car Amplifier

the stats on the sub are Impedance 4 ohms
Cone Material Non-pressed pulp
Surround Material Foam
Sealed Box Volume (cu ft) 0.718 - 1.63
Ported Box Volume (cu ft) 2.064
Port diameter (inches) 4
Port length (inches) 12.3
Free-Air No
Dual Voice Coil Yes
Sensitivity 92.7dB
Frequency Response 20 - 0.5k Hz
RMS Power Range (Watts) 50-700
Peak Power Handling (Watts) 1400
Top Mount Depth (inches) 5 13/16
Bottom Mount Depth (inches) N/A
Cutout Diameter or Length (inches) 11 1/4
Vas (liters) 51
Fs (Hz) 31.2
Qts 0.6
Xmax (millimeters) 12.5

i am planning on putting the sub in the back, behind the second seat. I have about 10" bottom depth 8" top depth to work with and prolly 2.5 ft wide to fit comfortably.

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
hi again and ill do the best i can to work with you and come up with something to give you what you need.
i am not a big fan of premade boxes and there truly is no such thing as a premade off the shelf box for any and all subwoofers and while q-logic makes some excellent boxes and it makes me happy that they are providing a quality product to simplify things and of course they are a division of rockford and being a lifelong rockford fanatic and user it saddens me to say i would stay away from them in this case.
the Q-Logic QLT-1.2512SE is small and if you do use it you want to use "stuffing" in a smaller sealed box to make it act like a larger box but no stuffing is needed for a ported box of the right size and for the q logic box i wouldnt use it ported its way too small and no amount of stuffing can give you the adequate space it needs for ported.
ok plotting this with my software the optimum dimensions i can see for a sealed box only because is always smaller than a ported box then this is what i come up with:
20x32x12
and since we have to work with about 30x10x8 we can get pretty close to the optimum size but also i am assuming that you dont have the optional rear trunk in your jeep and also would you like provisions in the box to mechanically lock it to your jeep?
as with any soft top vehicle security should be factored into a box as best as possible.
i think i can stay within your budget and design and build a box of a better design, shape and size for your sub.
also i can give you a better color/covering selection.
also can you tell me how high wouldyou like the box height or more to the point how high is your back seat? this will give me another dimension toplay with to keep your box within its optimum encloser size.
jay
p.s. if you need to reach me by email its-
jay_amaro_irocz28@yahoo.com

Username: Bdb_86

Post Number: 1
i have been trying to do somthing different in my new car i have been trying to do somthing with 8" speakers but i dont have alot of money and i dont just want to put them in the trunk. so far i have just 2 8" crunch usa subwoofers in the 6x9 whols witch i am not plaining on sticking with and i have a third in my room but i am looking to put a bandpass box between the whols and put the ports through the rear deck in my car and then put 2 6 1/2" speakers as mid and tweet in the 6x9 hols is this a very good idea if not what could be better i like the true sound of an 8" speaker so i would like to stick with that + i have never seen a bandpass box that holds 3 speakers

Post Number: 391
start your OWN THREAD and quit trying to hijack everyone else's.

and for God sake, quit cross-posting. I'm sick of seeing this same friggin message at the end of every thread.

Nobody is going to answer you just on general principle now.

Username: Bdb_86

Post Number: 4
sorry man i am new here i dont know what i am doing im trying to figure this stuff out

Post Number: 404
good work on the new thread.
thanks!

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us