Wonder if anyone can help

Username: Joepro

Post Number: 1
Sup guys, I just stumbled upon this forum and wondered if anyone can help me out. I am considering getting an audiobahn abp12t system.(2 12" audiobahns in bandpass box built by audiobahn) Any one know anything about these? Are they any good? Audiobahn says the subs are 4 ohm stereo, if I wire them together for a 2 ohm load and push them with a mono amp,(jbl 600.1) will it hurt the subs since they are stereo?

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 352
that'd be fine.
the JBL even has two sets of speaker terminals for wiring up two subs in parallel.. makes life easy.

hint: with the JBL amps, use a pair of Y splitters for the RCA connectors.
you'll have four RCAs (front and rear L+R) which are so that fader won't attect output.. but with the JBLs for some reason, putting full signal to all 4 inputs makes the amp really perform at it's peak. try with and without using all 4 inputs and you'll see what I mean.

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 353
PS: www.etronics.com for the JBL at a good price
www.knukonceptz.com for Y-splitters, interconnects, and power cable
4AWG wiring kit is $30

Username: Joepro

Post Number: 2
My cars wired and ready to go, I previously had one audiobahn sub powered by a sony amp (I know), so the hard stuff is already done.
Thanks for the help.

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
just keep in mind that a band pass enclosure set up will perform only within a very limited and specific range but if its where you want then it should be a good choice.
jay
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us