Is this a good wiring kit for me?

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
Hi im running on (2) Audiobahn AW1206T Sub's and A Sony XM-D1000P5 amp

I was wandering whould you recommend this http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1051384088444&skuId=4134644&type=prod uct wiring kit for my situation or would you recommend another?

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 339
www.knukonceptz.com
they have a 4AWG amp kit for $30
terrific kit, good cables, and good prices.

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
thnk you for your help and I appreciate it.

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
Ok i have another question, How should I wire up these two subs for maximum bass (hitting hard) and @ what Ohm's?

Post Number: 348
how many channels is the amplifier, and what's the voice coil configureation/impedance of the subs?
(sorry I'm tired today. too lazy to go look them up. bad me.)

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
Well I figured that I'll have each sub at a 2 Ohm load seince my amp will pump 450w RMS each, well its better than 250w@4 ohms... but damn im short changing my sub's... they goto 1,100w RMS... so now am i going to need another amp? Seince it could pump 900w rms @ 2 ohms for both but hell thats more money id like in a car i might leave alone on the street... but anyone else have another idea that i could feed my subs the power they need???

Username: Fillymo

Post Number: 11
ok I ordered my sub 15 inch Solo Baric L7 weeee As u know my amp is JBL bp1200.1 Its gonna be hooked up dual 4 ohm at 2 ohms.. Need a 4 gauge wire kit it calls for what would be the right kit for me i see that one has a 80 amp fuse.. is that big enough for me. and what size speaker wire and those rca's u mentioned i should have 4 goin to it with y splitters never even heard of them lol.

Post Number: 374
ok go to www.knukonceptz.com
you'll want the following:
4AWG amp wiring kit:
http://www.knukonceptz.com/detail.asp?product_id=KOLAK4
you'll want a 100A fuse:
http://www.knukonceptz.com/detail.asp?product_id=ANL100
and two of these Y splitters:
http://www.knukonceptz.com/detail.asp?product_id=KLS1F2M
the amp kit has 12AWG speaker wire in it already

Username: Fillymo

Post Number: 12
That 100A fuse ... where does that go

Post Number: 381
into the in-line fuse holder that goes about 18" from the battery positive terminal on the main power line (4AWG).

you need to fuse the main power line with a fuse rated for equal to, or just slightly higher than the total draw of the amplifiers connected to that line.
The JBL BP1200.1 draws a max of 110A, so that 100A fuse should be just fine.

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
huh i need a (150 A) fuse... is that a bigger draw then avrg?

Post Number: 385
150A is a bit large for that amplifier unless you have another amp on the same power line as well.
4AWG cable is rated for a max of 150A anyway. more than that and you need to go up to 2AWG.
same applies depending on length of the run

Username: Newb

Post Number: 43
i finally got my stuff: one shiva and a usx2100 2 chann amp. but i was wondering what kinda amp kit i would need for it? 4 or 8 gauge wire?

Post Number: 485
4AWG is your best bet.

Username: Newb

Post Number: 52
is there a big difference in quality b/t brands of amp kits if they r the same gauge?

u usually have to buy the rca line separate from the amp kit right?

Post Number: 522
www.knukonceptz.com

products > amp wiring kits > 4 gauge
$30

Anonymous

The kit looks decent but I see they have some better RCA's available. Im running all JBL stuff, BP1200.1 ect. Would buying the more expensive RCA's enhance the sound? Or will the kit be more then enough

Post Number: 532
those RCAs are twisted pair. they'll be fine.
you will want to also buy two of the Y-splitters from that site though (2M-1F) for use with that 1200.1 for the RCA inputs.
it has inputs for front and rear channels, and works best when all four inputs get signal.
you'll see what I mean when you hook it up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us