Help putting together a system

Anonymous

I would like to put together a system for a truck. Space is limited and I am more after SQ rather then SPL, however I would like to have some nice punch and be able to crank it. Could someone suggest a complete system. I was thinking Alpine/Infinity type of eqiupment myself but am not too sure. Any help would be appreciated.

Frosty

Anonymous

(please note i am not a good speller and i am not a pro:-) ok well first things first you well want a nice CD deck you might want to check out alpine and get one with a sub-w so that you can adjust just the sub on its own and you dont have to worry about your fade or bass adjustments interfering and look for one with a built in EQ not just presets then you are going to want your front and rear speakers to just be mid and tweet you can go with almost any kind of speaker for this aslong as the watts are almost the same as the CD player somtimes when you are looking at the CD players on the internet you can look up what speakers go best with this unit and speakers and CD players are normaly advertised in peak watts so you should read about them to find the rms watts but yet if you have them set as mid and tweet then i wouldnt realy worry about it much, i recommend a speaker with a tweeter in the middle because most the time the mid can scramble the tweet or voice not a good sound. aah yes now we get to the subs im not a pro but i like the sound of phoenix gold subs now if you can fit it i recommend a bandpass box for that true clear bass sound but yet like i have read they hide distortion so you dont know when your speakers are being hurt if you are going to need to squeeze your sub behind the seat then you could go with a ported box to make it realy loud and but easy distortion that you can hear and make sure that you are not touching the subs to the seat have seen this to much if you do have to squeeze your sub behind the seat and want good sound you should probably just got with a sealed box with the speakers facing the seats and for good sound i would not go with any speaker over 12" because any thing over that are to slow and dont hit alot of the tones so your not realy hearing the song to its full potential an a 10 " speaker is mostly just good in a bandpass box, 8" speakers arnt very loud but do deliver a preaty good sound in almost any kind of box

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 401
what's the model of truck?
what is your budget?
are you doing all of this work yourself?

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us