JEEP WRANGLER SYSTEM

Unregistered guest
ok,drive a 2000 jeep wrangler sport. i have a Profile Clarus CL600M 300W x 1 Mono Car Amplifier and an Audiobahn AW1200Q
12" Dual 4-ohm Voice Coil Component Subwoofer. I want to replace the factory speakers on the roll bar and dash, they suck. I have the factory deck an a JVC 12-Disc CD/CD-R/RW Changer with RF Modulator, Wired Display and Wireless Remote.

In place of the 5.25 on the roll bar and the 4x6 in dash (i think) i was thinking of getting something component like 2 5.25 for the bar and two tweeters (not running the 4x6) on most component systems with speakers and tweeters, it says they include 2 way crossovers.... Would i need another amp? what type of speaker do u suggest. i'm looking at a price range below 200.

If any one has info on a stealth box they look interesting, right now i have a q logic that takes up space.

Username: Daniel_s

Post Number: 6
hey i got a wrangler too! I'd use infinity speakers in the dash and soundbar...they sound great

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 197
personally I'd forget the speaker bar entirely and use fiberglass kick pods for front 6.5" separates, probably forget rear fill entirely, or build pods in the back for a set of 6.5" coaxials, drive all four speakers with an amplifier, and use a separate amp for subs in the trunk area behind that rear bench.
sell the JVC changer and factory system, and go with n Eclipse, Alpine, or Clarion head unit that offers AM/FM/CD/MP3, and possibly XM radio and CD changer controls along with the 3 sets of pre-outs you'll need.
The Alpine CDA-9815 is a good example.
for speakers, look at Infinity Kappa Perfects, or CDT.

Unregistered guest
thanks glasswolf, would u recomend tweeters also, or would a 4x6 in the dash be good enough for the highs (2 way). Also, i realize ure not a fan of audiobahn, but would the profile amp be enough to push it? (Profile Clarus CL600M 300W x 1 Mono Car Amplifier and an Audiobahn AW1200Q) Is it imminent that i get a new deck, would the factory not have the hookups? thx

Post Number: 205
ok, the kickpods I mentioned replace the front speaker locations (the factory locations in an open top jeep are HORRIBLE) so forget the 4x6, and when you mount these pods, they'll go in the kick panel area by your ankles. These will hold a 6.5" set of separates for your front mids/highs which will include a 6.5" midrange, and a tweeter in each side.

yes your amp and sub setup should be sufficient, although the road noise level in a jeep is really high. You may find the desire to upgrade that for something with more SPL to overcome the noise. Then you might want to look at a pair of Adire Audio 12" subs and perhaps a JBL 1200.1 amplifier. that'd be 1200wRMS x 1 @ 2 Ohms into two 12" subs (600w each)

as for the factory deck.. no, factory fadios don't have RCA pre-outs, nor are they made very well so they make a very poor basis for an audio system being upgraded. I'd scrap that deck personally.

Unregistered guest
thx again, for the kickpods would you recomend a set of Kappa Perfects 6.1 Component System 6.5". You can take a look at them at http://www.hookedontronics.com/sales/I45b395b4a_P117_Infinity_Kappa+Perfect+6.1. htm
Also, where could i find an enclosure for them and would u recomend an amp for these new speakers. (i'm planning on getting a new deck)

Post Number: 226
I use the 6.5" perfects myself. great choice.
for kick pods, check QLogic, I believe they may have a set premade.
If not, any good car audio shop can fab a set for you from fiberglass pretty easily.
If you want an amp, that depends on your budget for one.
Kicker's 2 channel amps are very good. The KX series in particular.

Unregistered guest
thx again, how about Kicker KX120.2
30W x 2 Car Amplifier (30 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
60 watts x 2 at 2 ohms
120 watts x 1 in bridged mode)
would i be able to bridge the components?

Post Number: 231
bridged you'd need two amps. one for left one for right.
Try the JBL 180.2 perhaps

Username: Daniel_s

Post Number: 7
hey glasswolf can u look at my system and tell me what you think about it??

http://www.cardomain.com/id/danstan2

Thankz!

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
hey ok im about to walk out the door but if you want a sub system for 1, 2 or 3 subwoofer in your jeep in 8", 10" or 12" i can design and either make or provide you with all the information to make enclosures that will work in your jeep wrangler and be incorporated into or on top of the rear wheel wells of the jeep and when finished can also serve double duty as rear armrests. these are stealth boxes and have no visible subwoofer showing and also use the factory soft top rails to lock the box into the jeep as well as a way to add pin switches and allow a vehicle alarm to protect the boxes also.
my ex girlfriend has a jeep wrangler and being in this field i designed and built exactly this type of stealth box for her jeep and namely jeep wranglers. if you dont have the optional rear trunk then a box could be placed behind the rear rumble seat also. there are a few options for you.
ill post again later and provide more information and detail...its almost new years time though and ill be back!
everyone have a good and safe new years!!
jay

Username: Tikolx333

Post Number: 72
hey jay i have a question for you first of all do you live in wa. second i have a jeep warngler and i have the rear seat out. so I bought 3 12" xtant hex shape subs. and i want to make a subs box that will use up the rear space. come up to the wheel bas and have the 3 subs facing up. i also want 2 of them side by side in the back and one right below them in the midle of the 2 so a Y shape being teh bottom of the Y facign the seats and have teh subs at each tip of the Y. So i was wondering if you can help me design soemthign like that or make it for me. let me know i can pay.

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
hey tiggy happy new years and either one of those options are fine whichever you want to do and ill email you for more info and ask you some more questions about exactly how you want your enclosure.
but yeah no problem and id be more than glad to help you.
jeeps always make things interesting with things like security, weather and space and thats why i guess not many jeeps have bass systems without sacrificing something so i like things when they are complicated and a good challenge.
which so far the jeeps are my fav to design systems for.
jay

Post Number: 73
Ok well my email address is tikolx333@yahoo.com and if you want email me your aol aim name and we can talk that way. I would really apreciate your help. If you can make it I will pay you for it too. Hey and let me know what state you are in maybe we can meet up. So yeah I have 3 hex shape subs. and I want to stack them honey cone shape facing up in the back of the jeep where the seats would go. The rear is about 35 inches wide. So I want it about 33" wide and as tall as the Jeep wheel wells. They can go as deep as it wants. And yeah sealed each sub I think I want it at the first sealed volume the 1 cubic foot so the box should be built at alitle over 3 cubic feet to count for the air space the subs take and I hear taht individual chambers sound better so I dont know let me know how it sounds so far. And take a look at this tells the specs. And agian if yuo can build it for me I can pay you or if you can cut out the wood and ship it I put it together and carpet it I can pay for taht too. Ill be waiting for an email. Also if you look at the spec sheet at 1 cubic it sais 47hz and at 2cubic 44hz this is all seale what does this mean. I want tight base and not compromise the lows again this si 3 12" xtant.

Post Number: 77
Jay take a look at this this is waht i want mine to look like but built to the hight of my jeeps wheels and the width of 33 or 32 inches depth doesnt matter. http://www.kicker.com/HUShow.cfm?ID=47305

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
ok yeah thats great thats kinda what i thought you had in mind and that helps alot.
this should be pretty straight forward and easy enough. thanks.
jay

Post Number: 78
Hey Jay let me know if you got my last email with the specs of my trunk and the attachment of what I want. Also you never told me what this is going to cost. IF you are doing this for the experience then I would at least like to pay for the materials and what ever you charge before we go any further.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us