I have two 12 inch APN SWR1241D

Username: Redfocus2000

Post Number: 1
what i need to know here is what kind of amp would power this subs to the max wit out blowin them...i need an answer....the amps im lookin into are
MTX
ROCKFORD
KENWOOD

and what would be better a mono amp or a 2 channel
thxs

Post Number: 2
plz help me out i havnt had my system workin for about 2months my last amp suxed and i need to find one to handle them

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 153
please drop the ghetto slang. it's difficult to understand you.

the MTX amplifier is the best of the three.
Kicker is even better than any of the ones you listed.

Post Number: 3
sry for how i type im used to short handing everything and i go to a sht school :-)
anyway doesnt kicker take to much power to operate

what MTX amp would work or what kicker amp

Post Number: 160
the current demands of the amplifier are a direct result of the RMS wattage it produces. That won't be a factor of brand, so nah the Kicker is just as efficient as the MTX since both are of class-D design.

what is the impedance of each sub?
how many coils?
what is the RMS power handling for each sub?

tell me those three things and I can suggest an exact model number of amplifier.

Post Number: 4
here are the stats for it but u get dif opions about the RMS people say 300rms others say 500rms

Subwoofer Size 12 InchDual Voice Coil YesImpedance (Ohms) Dual 4 OhmsPeak Power Handling (watts) 1000Frequency Response (Hz) 24Hz - 2kHzSensitivity (dB) 87Woofer Cone Material Kevlar Reinforced Pulp ConeWoofer Surround Material Santoprene RubberVoice Coil Design High Strength Brass Voice Coil BobbinBasket Material Cast AluminumxMax - Maximum Excursion (millimeters) 13.87QTS .41Fs - Free Air Resonance (Hz) 27Recommended Amp Wattage Range 20 - 150 WattsMounting Depth (inches) 6-7/8Vas (liters) 58.0Recommended Enclosure Type Small Sealed or BandpassSealed Box Volume (cu. ft.) 0.8 -- 1.5Ported Box Volume (cu. ft.) 0.75 - 1.75Port Diameter (inches) 4.0Port Length (inches) 13.0

Username: Hydro

Post Number: 36
Ok Red to clarify something the RMS is 300 for those type R's you could go with the Kicker 800.2
or The JbL BP600.1 could be Ideal for them if ur short on cash.Just wire those subs in Parallel to get a 1 ohm load and the Jbl amp is 1 ohm stable so there you go.

Post Number: 5
im good on money so the kicker 800.2 would be fine but dont they take to much power to power

Post Number: 162
The Kicker 800.2 is a terrific amplifier.
Again, the current needed to power the amplifier is a direct correlation to the power output.
take the RMS wattage the amp produces at the load presented, and divide by 12.
That's your approximate current demand from the car's electrical system regardless of who makes the amplifier.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us