Amp to run 2 12" adire shivas

Bronze Member
Username: Youngblood

Post Number: 28
Posted on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 12:52 am:
What amp do you guys think would be best??? I myslef was looking at either a JBL GTO 1201.1, Phoenix gold xenon 1200.1, or a MTX Thunder 1501D (because they are in my price range and can be run at 2 ohm stable)to run the 2 12" brahmas in a 4.5 cubic foot ported box tuned to 30 hz.....(by the way is this box setup work well with these subs?????) Also i was wondering if i would be even supplying them with enough power for that big of a box???? Also he is getting a Diamond Audio M351 component speakers for his fronts and Diamond Audio M361 component speakers for his rears. Suggestions on an amp to run these??? And last, i was wondering how big i should upgrade my friends alternator for his 99 pontiac sunfire...Will i have to get a custom made alternator? .....this is all a moving present for him....

Do you guys think this is a decent setup for his 99 sunfire, he wants to enter it into competitions and i was wondering if you think he could hold his own??

Thanks for your help

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
this is pissing me off everytime i want to make a new post i type the title and it when i send it this title always comes up no matter where i am or what i type as the title....does this happen to anybody else and if you know how to fix it please tell me how cuz this is very annoying

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 430
I would use a JBL 1200.1 for the subs. As far as the components in the rear that is NOT a good idea. You use mid bass speakers are no speakers at all in the back. If you do run 2 components then you will have alot of problems if your going for SQ. The alternator you will need to add 10amps for every 100 watts of RMS power. Good Luck

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Ok on the components in the back. but when you say the JBL you mean that GTO 1201.1???...because it seemed a little cheaper than i would think that big of an amp would cost($275 without shipping? you think its very reliable? The biggest alternator i found for a sunfire was like 160 amps....you think that will be enough or no??

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 432
I was meaning the JBL BP1200.1 and yes those are VERY good amps for the money. That amp will use about 120amps at full output which you prolly will never have it that loud. Plus you need about a 200 watt amp for the components. So you will have about 140amps at full output. If you keep the volume about half way then it should pull about 70-80amps so leaving about 80amps for the car you maybe ok with it. Good Luck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us