Power acoustik???

Username: Musicismath

Coppell, TX

Post Number: 1
i just bought an HK500-X2 amp on ebay for $40... im waiting for it to arrive... it says its 2 ohm stable, but it also says its 4 ohm MONO... i am planning to buy Polk db 690's and install them in the back of my 4runner... im almost certain that it will work, but im hesitant about the MONO, will that affect the 6X9's? does anyone know anything about these amps?
i am planning on custom installing this myself, hopefully i can learn something new, also some friends are helping, none of us know too much, i really hope and look forward to the help that this site can provide!

-Kyle

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 641
Well basically you want to either get two svc 4 ohm subs, two dvc 2 or 4 ohm subs. Basically this is a 2 channel amp. The mono term is just basically the same as briding the amp as you will only use one + and one - on each channel therefore creating a mono setup. The mono will not affect the 6X9's its just a way of wiring up the amp.

Username: Musicismath

Coppell, TX

Post Number: 2
ok great thanks, i wasnt sure if the mono meant that it was only going to put out bass... thanks!

-Kyle
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us