Amp for two Pioneer TS-W250R's

Username: Bdub

Post Number: 1
I have two Pioneer TS-W250R's. Great (AND CHEAP) subs btw, I have one of them in my car right now being powered off of a baby pioneer amp. Each takes 120 rms (500 max)

I have a custom ported box for my car and want both of the pioneer's in it. I need an amp to power both of them and at first I looked at a GM-5000T model that would put out 125 Watts (rms) x 2....but after looking I decided that I was not happy with the huge size of the amp, so I found that they were still selling the GM-x374 at certain sites. Although its a 4 channel amp, it can be bridged down to 2 100 watt 4ohm channels. My question is, am I going to be discusted with the 20 watt drop per sub, AND am I going to hurt anything by slightly underpowering the subs? I've read on the internet both that clipping will occur, AND that its a bunch of B/S so I really dont know what to believe. I am not looking to wake the neighbors, I just want a little bump in my car, and the single sub wasn't quite cutting it.

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 627
Well with the ported box you can get away with underpowering the sub and be fine. That GM-X374 would would work for ya giving you 100 per sub which would be a nice match.

Here are a few amps I would consider.

Xtant A3001T
XTANT A2002T

Look on ebay.

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the input,
Anyone else??

Post Number: 3
I am wanting to buy an amp tonight, if someone else has some input, it would be greatly appreciated.

chris g
Unregistered guest
i like the cerwin vega 3200, its a nice clean amp IMO

Post Number: 4
Um yeah, I'm sure it sounds great. however the price is a little high compared to the amps I'm looking at. I'm trying to keep in pioneer all the way, I can pick up their amps cheap, yes I know they aren't "the best" but thats just the route i'm going.

Thanks for replying though

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 638
Here get this one its pretty cheap. 65.00 shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39735&item=5716814377

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39735&item=5716814441

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39735&item=5716814491

All three are from the same guy just three different auctions. So if one is already sold move onto the next one. Those will really do well for ya.

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 640
I would hurry these go real quick.

Anonymous

You can't beat what dsugg98 suggested with that Xtant. I understand that you want to stay pioneer, but their amps are not only not "the best" they are a poor specimine. If you have quams about going used, they have them new for
$99 shpped.

Post Number: 5
Thanks everyone for the input. Greatly appreciated.

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 642
Ive emailed several people about those used amps from that guy and only one guy had a problem. He emailed him sent it back and got another one. I wouldnt have any problems buying one as I did myself. So what did you decide?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us