GlassWolf...Help!!

Username: Jq3

Post Number: 7
I am getting a Q-logic sub box for my Tundra. Currently, my system includes, Pioneer DEH-P3500, Infiniti components up front, Alpine's in back, and a MTX 404 amp. It sounds great now, but I'd like a little deeper bass than the four 6.5's can give. I'll be adding (2) 8" Rockford Fosgate HE RF-P3808's to my Q-Logic box. Will I be able to power the 2 8" subs with the same MTX 4 channel amp? If so, how do I wire it? If not, how do I wire the second amp, my HU doesn't have sub preout? I really, don't want to add another amp. Space is a premium in the Tundra. My current amp is under the passenger seat and my driver's seat is powered so there's no room there. But, if I had to get one I guess I could come up with something. Behind the back seat which will be a tight fit. My main problem is uderstanding how to wire all this stuff? Circuit City did the head unit, amp and speakers.

Thanks for your help!

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 88
oh boy.
there are several ways you can do this.
one is to run both front and rear speakers on the front pair of amp channels, and run the subs on the rear pair of channels.
this won't be ideal because you'll lose fader ability F/R, and the subs will be underpowered.
you can add a second amp like a JBL bp300.1 which isn't all that large and will give you 150WRMS per sub, then you can use Y splitters or pass-through for the RCA lines to give the amp signal, and the sub amp has its own built in low pass crossover so that's not an issie. for power, you just ues a pwer distribution block and split that power line to both amplifiers.
that's your ideal solution, then stick that class-D JBL amp under a seat, or behind a seat, or something. They run fairly cool, being class-D

if you DO go with a JBL, here's a hint:
they have front and rear RCA inputs (4 total)
use Y splitters to send signal to all 4 inputs.
output gain will be noticeable.
It's a quirk with JBL sub amps, but hey, it works.

Username: Jq3

Post Number: 8
Thanks GlassWolf!! Now I have to order the stuff!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us