Amp wiring

Username: Carr16v

Post Number: 1
Hi, I have a 4 channel amp but no manual. Can anyone help me out with a wiring diagram. Want to wire it up with a sub and 2 speakers. Any help would be great.

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 68
sure.
go to the amplifier manufacturer's website, and download the manual in PDF format, then refer to the section on bridging the amplifier's channel 3 and 4 for the sub.

Username: Carr16v

Post Number: 2
Ok. SPLX is the only thing on the amp. Model number spla-800. Is this the manufacturer. Anyone have the website address as I can't find it. Many thanks in advance.

Username: Shouder

You should just be able to do this. Hook up the speakers to the 1st and 2nd channels. then bridge the sub to the 3rd and 4th channel. Then just mess with you hpf, and lpf.

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 80
SPLX appears to be a company that sells mostly in the UK.
I can't seem to find their website, but from what I do see, they make pretty cheap stuff.. sort of like Boss or Pyramid.
if you list all of the wire colors, and labeled switches/buttons etc, I can probably tell you what they are. Most of the time, colors are fairly universal with decent companies.

Username: Mdback

Post Number: 1
IM 38 AND HAVE A 15 YR OLD THAT HAS A VR3 5 CHANNEL 1000 WATT AMP A 700 WATT SUB IN A BOX AND TWO 6X9 THREE WAY SPEAKERS (SONY) THIS IS GOING INTO A 66 MUSTANG DO I NEED A CAPACITOR? AND WILL THIS BE SUFFICIANT FOR NOW?

IS ANYONE OUT THERE? help

Anonymous

michael, can you explain your system a little more? are you thinking of hooking the 5 channel amp to the sub and the 6X9's? and what is the rms of the amp, because the 1000w sounds like a max figure. you probably wont need a capacitor to start out with, but that amp wont power the sub and the 6X9's. use 2 channels of the amp for the sonys and a seperate monoblock amp for the sub (the JL audio 500/1 would be good, as long as that sub is 700 rms) and get rid of those sonys, sony sucks big time!

Post Number: 3
YES, AND COULDNT FINE ANYTHING IN THE PAPERS ON RMS # OR ON THE AMP. IF I GET ANOTHER 1000 PEAK AMP CAN I HOOK 6X9 TO ONE AND SUB TO THE OTHER REMEMBER FIRST CAR AND FIRST SYSTEM. IT WOULDNT TAKE MUCH TO HAVE THE BEST IN THIS TOWN. SORRY ABOUT THE SONYS I DONT HAVE A CLUE AND HAVE SPENT 600.00 ALLREADY

Unregistered guest
i have 2 splx 6x9's and a sony md head unit in a peugeot 106. Im a bit of a begginner at this sort of thing so can anyone explain how i can wire it all up or send me a wiring diagram or something?

MuzikInstaller
Unregistered guest
Jim Mair,go to your nearest car audio store and purchase a "Radio mounting kit" for a Peugeot and a Peugeot "Radio wire harness kit".Now remove your old radio and unplug the "Harness" from the radio.Now take the "Sleve" off your radio and put it in the "Mounting kit" and bend up the metal prongs on the "Sleve" so the sleve will stay in the kit.Now put the "Mounting pieces" that came with the "Mouting kit" on the sides or top of "Mounting kit" depending on how your old radio was mounted in.Look at your old radio,sometimes you can remove the mounting pieces from your old radio and put it on your new mounting kit.Now take the "Wire harness" you purchased and the "Radio wire harness",notice the colors are the same?."Attach all the same colors together".Make good connections,try using butt connectors or if you have to.... electrical tape=).Now plug your "Radio harness" into the radio,and assuming you've already mounted the "Mounting kit",plug the "Wire harness" you purchased into the plug you removed from your old radio.Now plug in your antenna wire and slide that sucker in..YOU GOT MUSIC =).Now remove your old 6x9's and drill or mount your new speakers in their place.
Rear right + Orange/Yellow stripe
Rear right - White/Orange stripe
Rear left + White
Rear left - Blue
Hope this helped you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us