AudioBahn 10" AW1000's and JBL1200.1

Anonymous

AudioBahn 10" AW1000's and JBL 1200.1

Would you guys say stick with the JBL1200.1 or go with the AudioBahn A12001DT. I know the JBL lacks a subsonic filter but this is going in a sealed truck box, so I guess that doesnt matter. Thanks

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 42
If you're concerned with the filter, you can always add one at RCA-level pre-amplifier.
I'd still take JBL over anything by audioblah.

Anonymous

Really? I was looking to do all AudioBahn in my truck. I thought there stuff was high quality. Are the subs I bought junk? Not to be rude, but are you being biased and just like brands such as JL and Alpine or does AudioBahn really suck?

Post Number: 61
I'm not particularly fond of audiobahn's build quality. They are mediocre at best, and their business practices are horrible. They force anyone who carries their stuff to sell X amount of product to keep their license to sell audiobahn, which means everyone who walks into that store gets the stuff shoved down their throat. Pathetic practice. For the money, there is better stuff out there. Nothing personal.
JL makes good stuff. Alpine has good head units but I'm not a big fan of their speakers in general. The Type-R are ok, but again, there's better stuff out there. Just my opinion.
If you want good amplifiers are a reasonable price, look at Kicker. Subwoofers, look at Adire Audio, Resonant Engineering, or Elemental Design.
Components, Infinity Kappa or CDT are a good start, and for a source, Eclipse, Alpine, or Clarion are all good choices. Audiocontrol for signal processing, or Coustic for a cheaper alternative for crossovers. knukonceptz.com for cheap wiring and interconnects.
those are some better alternatives. At least give them a look/listen. If you still like Audiobahn afterward hey, go for it. Get what sounds good to your ears. That's all that really matters.

Username: Hydro

Post Number: 10
Glasswolf u are the first person I agree with with ALL of ur recommendations that u give cuz I have used most of those products and been very pleased and by the way another good amplifier is MTX Amps to add to that list

Post Number: 65
yup MTX is on par with Kicker for amplifiers. I usually recommend both as an either or option, but I try not to recommend too many things at one time for folks because then it gets confusing :-)
glad you agreed.

take it easy

Anonymous

Thanks alot for the replies guys.

Okay here are a few more questions for you, but to start off I drive a 99 Single Cab s-10 Xtreme. I currently have in there just 1 12 crossfire with there VR142 amp, but it actually sounds decent. I am however bored of it and want more of everything. I have been researching on prices alot since im going to college and dont have too too much money to spend.

Now so far I have.

2 - Audiobahn AW1000Q's a JBL1200.1 and that crossfire VR142 amp. I am thinking of getting Infinity Kappa 4x6's (462.5cfp) and their 6.5 component (60.5cs). As far as the deck I really really like all of the features and look of the Alpine CDA-9813.

Now I know your not too fond on the Audiobahn stuff but what do you think my truck is going to sound like? I like all types of music, Trance, Rap, Older Rock ect.

Also Audiobahn requires a min of .25 cubic feet and a max of .75. A tech guy at Audiobahn suggested .5 since I listen to all types of music plus the sub will be able to handle more power. This sounds all good but when I listen to some rap is it going to sound like crapola or what?

Thanks guys

Any suggestions?

Post Number: 92
...I am however bored of it and want more of everything.

Ah, you have the bug. heh That's how it all starts.
Once a hobby, now an expensive addiction. hehe

2 Audiobahn AW1000Q's a JBL1200.1, crossfire VR142 amp.

good start, although I'm not sure I could ever go from twelves to tens.. heheh I like 12" subs too much, personally. Tens are great for space, and snap, but I like the lower Fs from twelves.

I am thinking of getting Infinity Kappa 4x6's (462.5cfp) and their 6.5 component (60.5cs).

sweet. the 4x6 plates are excellent, for plates.
the 6.5" are very good as well.

I really like [...] the Alpine CDA-9813.

Very nice head unit. I use one in my Jeep.
If you don't go with that one, look at the 9815, or an Eclipse. It really depends on if you need that Vdrive amplifier or not in the 9813. It's 27WRMS x 4

I listen to all types of music plus the sub will be able to handle more power.

I'd go with a ported box for those tens if you want to listen to electronic music and hiphop.
Sealed isn't going to work out too well for ya there I wouldn't think, though you can try it.
If you do go vented, tune the box to around 35-40Hz, depending on the Fs of the subs.

Anonymous

Thanks for the help!

Anonymous

I have a question on speakers. Okay I said I was interested in the Infinity 60.5cs component set. Would I be better off getting the infinity perfect 6.1? Like is there a huge difference? Also its in a single cab s-10. Do you think I would need the 4x6's or would just the component set be more then enought for my truck?

Lastly, what amp would you recommend to power those speakers?

Thanks

CoPPerHeAd

Username: Peteyplaya04

Post Number: 1
i got a 1000watt max monoblock kenwood amp. it delivers something like 400x1 rms at 4 ohms. i want to get a alpine type r 10" sub. would the kenwood amp slam that sub? my buddy has a 800 watt kenwood hooked up to 1 alpine type S, and that caves in my chest! what do you guys think?

Username: Hydro

Post Number: 37
Petey I dont really suggest either the sub or amp u got but sounds like you already purchased them.The Type R is Dual 4 ohm Voice Coils meaning it can be operated in 2 or 8 ohm impedance's and If you operated it in 2 ohms the amp would push 500-800 watts into it which would not be a good idea. You might wanna try a different amp to power that sub an amp that is Mono 2ohm Stable(most amps are) and is around 300x1@2 ohms.

Post Number: 171
The Perfect 6.1 components are fantastic.
They would be all you need in that truck for components. The rear fill would just detract from teh soundstage at that point.
To drive them, look at JL Audio or Zapco for good amplifiers. Match power output to the RMS rating of the 6.1 set.

Anonymous

GlassWolf, I am trying to stick to products I can get off ikesound.com or sounddomain.com. They dont carry JL or Zapco and I dont really want to pay full price in the store. I was looking at the Alpine MRV-T320. 80x2 @ 4 ohms. The 6.1 components call for 25-100. What do you think?

Post Number: 235
Alpine amps aren't too bad for mids/highs.
I would avoid sounddomain. they suck.
they want $800 for an amplifier that etronics.com sells for $435
(kicker kx1200.1)
they also have about a 50% bad review rate.

look at thezeb.com and etronics.com for alternative online sites.
ikesound isn't bad.
http://www.uscaraudio.com/brands.htm
they sell JL and Zapco on-line. Only place you're likely to find JL on-line new as well, short of eBay.
JL doesn't authorize online retailers.
anyway those are some better sites for ya.
justwoofers.com and woofersetc.com are good sites as well.

Anonymous

Glasswolf, I picked up the Alpine CDA-9813, installed and everything. Now I have my mind set on the Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.5's and possibly the Kappa 4x6's but I dont know if I really need the 4x6's since its only in a single cab s-10. I would like to put an amp on those. What would you recommend, other then Zapco and JL. I am looking to push those kappas to their limit with clean sound and no distortion. Would an Eclipse amplifier be a good solution or would a small Kicker amp do well?

Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us