Derek and any other Expert tell me what you think????

T
Hey Derek this is the MTX guy Tiko I just wanted to ask you some questions. Iam not sure if this email address works or not. But here we go. I looked at alot of stuff and I think I decided on what to get wondering what you think. I was ganna go with 3 JL w6 the older ones. But for almost 150 bucks less I can get the 12" W3v2 wich people say hit harder then the old W6. So Iam thinking of 3 JL W3v2 and a 1000 watt amp. Iam not sure on what map and what ohm for the subs. For 3 it looks like Iam looking at D2 at 1.3 ohm and D6 at 1ohm. So Iam thinking either one would be fine the D2 is easier to find and also I looked at JL website and the D2 had more xmax so I dont know if that makes a diff take a look http://www.jlaudio.com/subwoofers/pdfs/12W3v2_MAN.pdf. So for the amp I need a 1ohm stable right and its ok if D2 is 1.3 cause a 1ohm stable amp can handle it right? So I used your list and ebay and Iam looking at around 300 bucks. That will by me Kicker 1200.1 Directed 1100D http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3064211166&category=18797 take a look. I dont know what else there is Memphus makes stuff for 300 on ebay at 1 ohm. Just tell me what you think about all this stuff. In case you dont get this email Iam going to set it up on the forum too.
Thanks alot for any help.
Tiko

1000 watt amp for JL subs?
JL Audio 1000/1
the amp puts out 1Kwatt (actually more like 1200 watts real world) at 1.5 to 4 Ohms, with an input voltage of 11-16VDC.
both the input and output are regulated.
fantastic amplifier.

If you want a cheaper amp and want it 1 Ohm stable, go with the JBL BP1200.1

T
I dont like JBL I dont think it comes close to Kicker or Directed or Memphis. And the JL amp too much money and I need something that is either 1.3 or 1 ohm stable the JL is 1.5.

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 5
Look for an Orion HCCA series amplifier, used then.
lots of them on eBay.
and, they are class-AB high current amps.. not one of these class-D amps, so the sound quality is far superior.
If you want cheap get cheap. If you want good, be ready to pay for it. You get what you pay for in car audio. That rule is rarely if ever circumvented.

Username: Hydro

Post Number: 2
T your right with the ohms if ur subs create a load that is greater than or equal to the amps stable output you will be fine.I agree the W3V2's do sound better than the W6's as well as hit harder and A Kicker 1200.1 amp suits them well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us