Installing 6.5" Infinity Kappa speaker help

Username: Nbacker

Post Number: 7
I just recently bought 2 new 10" inch subs, a new amp, and new HU. All of it is installed and works good. Now I just purchased a pair of 6.5" Infinity Kappa speakers for my front doors and need help on what to do. I want to buy an amp for the speakers, but for the mean time if I were to hook them up to my HU, would it be a good idea or not? How badly will they sound. I'll most likely buy an amp for them. A little 150w RMS amp to power both speakers. They are 75w RMS each 225w peak. So then my main question is if I get an amp to power these, what do I do since I already got an amp hoooked up to my subs and is connected to my HU. Do I have to buy a new amp kit with ground, power, etc and connect everything from scratch on that amp? I have a sony HU with the 4v preouts and the sub out, etc. I just wanna know how I would hook up the 2nd amp for the speakers? Thanks. Also does anyone who has these Infinity Kappa's know if they need serious break in time or what? They are brand new. If so, how long does it usually take to break them in and if I am blasting the tunes on these new speakers before they break in, will they blow or what's the deal with the break ins on these speakers? Thanks.

Username: Nbacker

Post Number: 8
Can anoyone help me?

graced
Unregistered guest
brother, youve got all the usual questions most morons will give you the wrong advice for. As for hooking up your HU to the infinitys...its a bad idea. Kappas really need a lot of juice and if you run them off of the HU, they are gonna under power and break up, and your gonna sound like all the other fools that think infinity sucks. so wait until you have an amp to power them, 20w from your head unit is like nothing compared to 20w from a real amp, any one who tells you different is an idiot. As for the amp, they sell splitters for your leads, so you can just hook up your second amp with one of those, as long as your not going crazy, and your amperage and your fuses are all set.
As for the break in period....Kappas, like any speaker, really sound different in every car. youll find a guy who is running 20 watts to them and they have a ton of bass, and another guy who is pushing 200 watts to each of them, and they sound like crap. The point is, is that it is really guess work until you hear them in your car. ive got them in my Audi A4, sending 40 watts to 4 of them, and its so bassy i dont even need a sub, but my car is really sealed up. if you have a old car, your speakers are gonna sound like crap, cause the factory enclosures behind the speakers have not been well thought out. But the breakin period....just let em rip, if they distort, turn them down...its simple physics

Bronze Member
Username: Tmf

Vicksburg, MI United State...

Post Number: 17
You don't need to get another amplifier wiring kit for your second amplifier unless you bought a cheap kit, with 8 guage wire or smaller. If you have 4 guage wire, I would recommend getting a distribution block, and you can wire both amplifiers up on that. Now, as for the HU to Amplifier input; If your HU has preouts for your front and rear speakers, you can use RCA's, or you can wire up your HU to your Amplifier using the High Level Inputs, which just allow you to wire your HU harness directly to the amplifier. Now as for wiring with High Level Inputs... Any more than 20 watts going into your amplifier from the HU can damage it, so you would need to get a filter for your high input settings as well, so that it will not ruin your amplifier, unless your HU puts out way less than 20 watts.

Paradigm
Unregistered guest
... i dont know what planet you came from... every speaker has a break-in time... even wires have break-in times.. And as ive just found out days ago.. so do CD players...

the Magnet in your speaker has a jell in it or if not the coil itself requires breaking in...

not to mention a stiff rubber rim wont work as well as a nice loosened one... Duh..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us