Do these guys make anything good?

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 531
They are in the audiobahn class.

Garth812
Unregistered guest
I just bought an MA Audio amp, and have yet to install it.... what does audiobahn class mean ???? Good or bad?

kiijijojojojo
Unregistered guest
bad

Anonymous

You guys are all such idiots. All you do is judge the subs by the name. My friend has 2 MA Audio 15"'s, and his is the loudes system in town. I have an Audiobahn Aw1200q in a good ported box with an mtx amp pushing it, and it pounds, and both of us have never had any problems with our subs.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1359
You need to go to a bigger town. They're poorly built subs and I guarantee you I can get 1 15" sub that will spank both of those MA 15s. Our shop had about a 70% return rate on Audiobahn, most because of failure, maybe you're lucky, but some people aren't so fortunate, which is why I'm not going to recommend ANYTHING Audiobahn to anyone. MA Audio is even worse.

Li'l joker
Unregistered guest
I also got 4 15" MA on a gmc yukon They are the loudest things I have ever heard and I have been dealing with the cops ever since i got them. Ive never had any problems and i had them for a very long time. like anonymous said you vatos only judge them by their name. so dont even try to talk sh!t homie if you dont know your sh!t keep your mouth close.

Bronze Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 51
speaking of knowing one's shlt. Why does it take more than one dealing with the cops? If you've been dealing with them ever since you got your 4 15's I think you'd learn HOMIE

BUMP RESPONSIBLY

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
And why are we talking subs in the amp section?
Thanks for your input on this though Jonathon. If MA Audio is no good, what would you suggest to run as an amp on 2 500w 800w max 8 0hm subs running in parralel. Glass suggested on older Orion xtr 2250---a jl 1200.1--and either a Boss pd4000 or the pd2000, which I already nixed. The Orion is an older model of which I have been unable to find, and the jl will underpower them a tad., but if I can't come up with soomething else, I guess that's what'll I'll use. Unlike some people your input would be very much appreciated also

@nonymous
Unregistered guest
get a wole new system all of them are sorry @ss brands except for jl you f^cked it up. shut the f^ck up and and start your own tread You bunch of f^cking idiots.

Silver Member
Username: Caraudiofng

Houston, TX

Post Number: 178
If they are 500w rms each, the JBL 1200.1 will give 600w each....that's not underpowering....

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1383
It's funny how offended people get when we state fact. I gave a percentage, they chose to ignore it. Having problems with the cops isn't proof that your system is any good, it proves you're too cheap to sound deaden and too stupid to keep the volume at a respectable level. They're 8 ohm subs, connected in parallel would give a 4 ohm 600W RMS load. He'd be underpowering. Power rating being thermal, however, it's possible to get full performance from the subs with 300W RMS, but it depends on what sub he's using. That Orion Xtr-2250 would be a fantastic amp if you can find one. Any 2 channel that produces 1000W RMS bridged at 4 ohms for that matter, as a mono amp that puts out 1000W @ 4 ohms is going to be expensive..

Silver Member
Username: Caraudiofng

Houston, TX

Post Number: 185
Mistake noted. Missed the 8ohm part.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
Thanks Jonathan. And don't worry FNG you aren't the only one to miss the 8 -- ohm thing. Glass said he's got a friend that has some of the orions, at a reasonable price. I'm waiting on his input on some other choices, or thoughts I had before I go. I figure I'm ganna go with the XTR though. Everything I've read and peoples reviews of them are all fantastic. Darned shame they quit making em.
Also you are completly right on the sound deading. Why these kids think everybody in the world should listen to their music is beyond me. We live on the main drag of town, and at times it gets rather annoying, they drive by and drown out the TV. I was never so glad when the local police started enforcing the local noise ordinance. At least it's quiet after 10pm now. I know you can't hardly hear the mustang on the outside, I kept it inside where it belongs. The van is a different story, but I don't know how to deaden it with all the windows in it, so we drive it after 9 pm.
By the way the subs are EARTHQUAKE TREMOR 12's. I know they are not glass choice, but as he has said I could have done a lot worse. And I did. That's why I bought these. Gotta replace the audiobahn crap.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1413
Yeah, he can hook you up with one, he offered to me. They were hand built, milspec amps, and better than the nearly any amp produced today, or in history for that matter. As good as Zapco, Mcintosh, etc. That amp will last you a VERY long time, even if the subs you've got aren't the greatest, that amp will outlast them (or last until you upgrade, whichever comes first :-)) and you could use them on high end components, or other subs. Glass has had his over 10 years and running like day one, he'll tell you that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us