Reccomend a sub...

Username: Csf

Post Number: 1
I've read through this and other web sites and seeing people ask about reccomendations - but they usually go with needing a powerful amp (more powerful than mine).

I've got an old (kindey bean, waffle style) Rockford Punch 60ix (listed as bridged 120x1 @4ohms, 12v)... we all know it put out something much closer to 200w if not more.

My question is, I'm looking for a sub that I can use that will sound nice and solid (much closer to SQ and boom). Speaks will likely be boston pro 6.5's (front half of a punch 4040 - 20x4). I had the amp running a solobaric 8", 2ohm woofer for no problem, so a 3ohm speaker would be great to extract the extra power the amp can deliver.

Thanks

Post Number: 2
Price would be somewhere below $200, give or take. If I can find a used sub that's in decent condition, all the better. (Toss out more expensive options, as I might be upsold.)

Anonymous

If you are only going to power the sub with 200 rms I would suggest getting something like a Cerwin Vega Vmax or and Image Dynamic IDQ. You could get an Adire shiva but im not so sure 200 rms would be ideal for it because its around 600 rms, so I would stick with something with around 300-400 rms.

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 107
try a kicker comp

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 337
Try a Kicker Comp or JL W0. Both would sound really nice with that amp.

Post Number: 4
What about a JL 10W6 (older one?). I can get one for fairly cheap ($60 delivered).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us