XBOX hard to install?

Bronze Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Post Number: 34
How would you go about hooking up an xbox or other game system up in a car? I am asking because i am going to get an audio system and a new car in about a month and putting a game system in my car is something that i might do in the future.

Unregistered guest
Plug the A/V Wires into the brain of the system, or if your working with a stand alone screen and DVD you can plug the A/V's into the DVD Player A/V Input. You'll also have to get a power converter to plug the X-Box into, and the inverter will plug into the cigarette lighter.

richard420
Unregistered guest
is there a way to power it from the cigarette lighter without having wires everywhere

Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 2
cris, i would recomend using a ps2 instead of xbox. the xbox needs alot of power to run so you need a really big power inverter, plus its really big and takes up alot of room. i've installed dozens of game systems and i think you'd be happiest with the ps2.

Bronze Member
Username: Shouder

Wisconsin

Post Number: 55
Yes, in any install there is AlWAYS a way to conceal the wires. It's just sometimes you have to get creative. This shouldn'd be bad though so i don't mean to scare you. All you have to do is run it directly to your battery, or a distribution block already off you battery. I few things to know though. When you run your wires, always make the ground as short as possible, the car frame works great. Also, now this may depend how how power your drawing, but use no less than 12 gauge wire, i recommend 10, go with 8 if your crazy like that, but thats really unnessary. Also install an inline fuse no larger than 30 amp. Again all depending how much power your drawing. If you use 12 gauge i would use 15 to 10 amp, for 10 use 30 to 20 amp. Hope this helps. Remember to hide those wires.

Gumboot
Unregistered guest
Xbox would be best as you could mod it and install a larger hard drive and dump a heap of mp3 and dvd onto it. Get rid of the PSU in the xbox and replace it with a 12 converter as the xbox runs from 12 V dc any ways

Username: Odie123

Post Number: 1
ok.. i have a problem when installing my x-box into my 1992 acura integra.. i went to candian tire.. and got their power inverter that was rated to handle a tv+a x-box and had the 2 outlets.. so i figured that it would easily work for just an x-box.. ok it had 2 options for connecting, either the cigarette lighter, or directly to the battery.. and either way i connected it, it would shut off due to too much power. Now im not sure if this could do it but when my stereo was getting installed and they were checking all my power going into my amp, they said i had an extermely good power source or something along those lines, and it was better than most. well i tried 2 of those inverters becusase i thought that it was a defect but both did the same thing.. well now.. my next option is to connect the x-box to another battery that would be mounted in my trunk, would that do the trick? and how long would that battery last?? any help would be great! thanks alot!

Unregistered guest
How do you convert the Xbox to use DC power instaed of AC power?

Anonymous

read the post above yours.
it's just safer.

Username: Smith_erick

Greensboro, NC

Post Number: 3
Zach, that battery would eventually drain if you didn't have it conntect to your alternator.

If you using a good amount of wattage to power a gaming system make sure you connect it to your battery or somewhere with enogh "flow" of power. If you plug it into the cigarte ligther it has trouble gettin as much power as it needs.

The AJ, Install a Power Inverter and plug the x-box in the inverter as you would a normal outlet and hardwire the power inverter to your battery.

Username: Hittmann

Adelaide, South Australia Australia

Post Number: 6
Ive got a 300w/1000w power inverter behind my dash which is hardwired to run from the auxillary battery which is located in the boot (this also powers my amp) Both cranking battery and Aux are connected using a matson dual battery charging kit. The xbox is under the passenger seat wear I sliced roughly a 1" slit in the carpet to run the power cable, wireless lan power cable and rca cables which all run under the carpet and behind the dash. The rca video is conencted to 7" Oslon screen and the audio cables are connected to a wireless FM modulator. Tune the car stereo into the station turn on inverter turn on xbox and there you have it xbox in car with wireless lan connection so i can upload and download to or from it whenever i want to make changes. At the moment I have around 200 video clips, 3 dvd movies, 8 games and 56 full cd's on my xbox.

Username: Zimbaby

I would like to plug my Xbox the easiest and most powerful way. I already have 2 subwoofers, 2 amps and a DVD reader in my car, is the inverter good for this or do I absolutely need another battery?

matty to fattia
Unregistered guest
im gettin one of those incar kit screens made for the xbox

Ben Owens
Unregistered guest
Im installing my ps2 in my car and i dont know where to connect the audio video cables. The only cables i see are a couple sets of red and white RCA cords. I thought that video was yellow? Where do i connect the cables so i can play it on my in dash TV/DVD player

Anonymous

if your in dash player is seprate from the screen it should have 1 or to video inputs on it. if the screen and dvd player are one unit there should be an aux in (sound white and red) and a video 1 in. or video 2 in. colors may very on the video in on the one i put in my dash they were red (video 1) and black (2)also if you have multiple white and reds on the back, one set could be for an power acustic cable to the amp (if you have an amp or subs)

Username: Sekile

Zagreb, Tresnjevka Croatia

i have honda civic 96, and i connect my xbox with 12v/220v power inverter. I have stripes on picture and bad noise on speakers. But when i connect inverter to other battery everything is good. What is the problem

Username: Jth0033

Downingtown, Pennsylvania United States

Post Number: 9
i was told i need a multi battery isolator if i wish to hook up two batteries. wondering what size is needed?

Bronze Member
Username: Jth0033

Downingtown, Pennsylvania United States

Post Number: 12
in reference to another forum (https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/182175.html) i was told i need an isolator so the one battery isn't drained or vice versa, wondering what size also how much strain would two batteries put on my alternator

Bronze Member
Username: Richie_g

Post Number: 15
yeh u need a 300w continuous inverter urs is prob a 150w continuous that will only power a ps2 i got the joy tech xbox one n just stripped the wires and connected it to a 12v source and tucked it up in the footwell and hid wires works a treat

Username: Dean7828

NorwichEngland

i have installed my xbox in my chrysler neon using a 1000w ac/dc converter but am getting interferance on the tv like waves moving up all the time, i think this is the power converter interfering anyone know how to help, its driving me mad!!!!!

Username: Viper_crazy

Anyone know how I can link multiple screens for multiplayer on one xbox with out having a split screen thing going on cuz that's going to be pretty small on a 7" lcd in dash dvd player unit and having multiple systems and system linking them isn't gonna fly cuz i don't want to buy copies of the same game. I can't fit a bigger screen anywhere else.

Username: Viper_crazy

Anyone know how I can link multiple screens for multiplayer on one xbox with out having a split screen thing going on cuz that's going to be pretty small on a 7" lcd in dash dvd player unit and having multiple systems and system linking them isn't gonna fly cuz i don't want to buy copies of the same game. I can't fit a bigger screen anywhere else and i don't really feel like spending money to modify a space for a bigger screen.

Username: Grantybabe1991

hi im thinking about putting a xbox in my car, i was just woundering if the things i got are the right equipment, i have a stand alone tv 6", xbox and a 150w inverter which goes into my cigarette holder is that all i need and will it drain my battery incredible many thanks

Username: Psychedelic_feta

Post Number: 9
Grant: You're inverter is WAAAAYYYYY too weak.

WHAT YOU NEED TO INSTALL AN XBOX IN A CAR:

1) an xbox (duh....)
2) a 300Watt Continuous/600WPeakSurge Inverter
3) 8 Gauge Car Electrical wire
4) a Tv (Which you have)

Essentially, you need to establish a direct connection to the battery of the car, much like you would for a high power stereo with subs and amplifiers.

You can do this by drilling a grommet so you can tie your 8Gauge wire with 35AMP fuses to the battery, run your wire through the grommet in the firewall and to the destination area of your inverter (Trunk, under the seat, etc...)

Then its just a matter of tying the power cord into the inverter and hooking up the video cables to the tv and your done.

And yes it will drain your battery very fast if you have your car off.

This is a very quick description, if you want clarification, let me know.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us