Installing a gaming system. What do i need

Username: Jth0033

Downingtown, Pennsylvania United States

Post Number: 4
alrighty well i know how there are many posts about this topic, i really don't get the whole thing. i would eventually like to install a tv with a gaming system. some say ps2 is better because its smaller, but others say xbox because you can mod it. also i know i would need another battery but like what else? dual battery charging kit? power inverter(what size)? let me know what you guys know, like to learn new things when i can. just finished my system and will have to get picks up of that. thanks in advance!

Post Number: 5
Common, someone must know something, help a noob out

Post Number: 6
come on, someone must know something, help a noob out, you were just like me once

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 671
you'll only need another battery if your gonna be using your ascessories with the car off. more batteries just means more reserve power. you'd need an isolator if you do this to make sure you don't drain both and leave yourself stranded.
not really sure what size inverter, the power draw for the gaming unit should be on the unit or power supply for it. get an inverter of that size or larger.

also, theres been other posts about this, you should read thoes to get some more advice and ideas.

Post Number: 7
okay, i have have to look into buying another battery and dual charging kit, so that they both are connected to the alternator. Hopefully I can get everythng for Christmas and have it installed in a few weeks, (should be able to do everything my self). I will have to check the xbox for power, not sure if i want to do xbox or ps2, probably xbox since thats what I have now. Thanks for the help. if anyone else has some let me know.

Post Number: 8
also wondering what size isolator i would need?

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 678
sorry i can't help you further, no experience with isolators. someone on here should know what you need.

Bump

Bronze Member
Username: Richie_g

Post Number: 14
i have rigged up a 7" flip out screen, mounted a 300w continuous power inverter for my modded xbox, xbox need 300w continuous cause they are alot more powerful but ps2's only need 150 if ur gonna use xbox make sure u get the 300 otherwise it will not start. modded my xbox wiv a 300g hard drive so i have loads of tunes n games.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us