Haters

rfsubz
Unregistered guest
Why does everyone here hate Rockford Fosgate?

Anonymous

i was a BIG fan of fosgate but over the years there has been better things that have came out i wouldnt say that fosgate is crap all though i know some ppl would, but i would say they have fallen behind there are much better speakers and amps for your money i hate to say that but its true

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 936
They aren't a crappy company like Sony, Audiobahn, Legacy, etc., but they have changed a lot since the late 80s,early 90s. They don't have the quality or the engineering they used to have, they went commercial on Best Buy shelves and quality has degraded ever since. Sound quality of subs and components has gotten worse, SPL is mediocre. One thing I will give Fosgate is they're still pretty reliable. They just aren't on level with the big boys of audio, like JL, Image Dynamics, Eclipse, etc. like they used to be.

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 442
I love Rockford, but yeah they did make a big mistake with going commercail (best buy). But i would say there new amps are good, but i am not a fan of the P1,2,3 series subs.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 318
Yea their amps are still pretty good but the new subs. wow, can you say a pos? One of my friends borthers went against my advice on not buying their new subs. So anyway he wen out and bought a pair os 12" P1 and the one tore apart after a week. A week and they were not even really abused.

Silver Member

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 445
Yeah, i really dont like them especally the P1, there too much like sony. But other than that i have Punch HE's and there nice.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 325
Yea I like them line of woofers they had. Shoulda stayed with them. I remember a kid that used to live in my town who had 2 12" HE2's in ported boxes and it was very loud. Loud enough to make your body go numb after you got out. lol!

Silver Member

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 448
Yeah, mine come right at my chest, a ring my ears, whoooey, its cool.

Bronze Member
Username: Loudnobnoxious

Post Number: 48
all the new stuff is MUCH better. the old engineer that made the stuff that you guys are raving out is back. my friends 500w punch amp is like 640rms on the sheet. built well and decent features too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us