Help needed!

Username: Perfecxion

Post Number: 1
Hi guys! I'm new here.
I'm thinking of buying a set of Rockford Fosgate car audio system, but I don't know how to choose.
Anyone can help me with that? My budget is flexible.
Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 911
Really, Rockford Fosgate isn't what it used to be. What's your budget range, and how much equipment are you looking to purchase?

Post Number: 2
My budget is up to $1500.
Do you have any recommendation?

Post Number: 3
I just need the audio system.
I don't need head unit.
I 'm looking for amps,speakers, tweeters, subs, crossover, these kind of things.

I need a set of Rockford system but I don't know what kind of speaker is good for what kind of amp. That's is my problem.

Can you help?

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 913
set of Rockford system? what do you mean by that? Why would you need a Rockford system?
For $1500 w/ no head unit, I'd do the following:
For front components, look at JL Audio XR series, Infinity Kappa Perfects, CDT Classics. Expect 300 or under for either of these.

For the amp for front components, consider a good 2 channel. How much power it is depends on which components you choose. For the CDT's or JL's, consider a JL 300/2 , it's in the 300-400 range online.

So assume $700 so far, 800 left, now there's subs.
If you're after sound quality, consider an Adire Audio Brahma, Image Dynamics ID Max, or Resonant Engineering X.X.X. series, then you could power either on a JBL 1200.1 amplifier. You could get a 12" sub or a 15(except the ID max, which only goes up to 12") and either would hit really hard and sound great.The subs won't be over 450, most in the 300 range, and the amp will be under 300 online. Of course there are other options, and I encourage you to explore those, I'm just trying to lead you in the right direction for your budget.

Post Number: 4
I mean speakers, amp and all the stuff are ROCKFORD brand. Do you have any recommendation?

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 915
I recommend the ones I listed above. My personal choices for the budget would be a JL XR 3 way component system, JL 300/2, JBL 1200.1 amplifier and either a Resonant Engineering X.X.X. sub or an ID Max. If you want all Rockford, then just get all the top of the line stuff, front components and sub, and the amps to power them, but the stuff I recommended you will sound a LOT better and give you more for your money.

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 916
Match the RMS of the amp with the RMS rating of the speakers, by the way. I just don't know why you'd want a one brand setup. If you just want one brand in your car, I suggest you look into Eclipse, all fantastic stuff, much better than Rockford Fosgate.

Post Number: 5
mmm...you are true. That's mean the setup you recommendated me is better than the ROCKFORD?
Then I understood now. Thanks for your advice, I would consider that. Do you know any online website selling these stuff?

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 917
For the JL Audio stuff, go to www.woofersetc.com
For the ID Max, go to www.woofersetc.com or www.sounddomain.com
For the JBL, try ebay, good prices there
For Resonant Engineering, email sales@respl.com
Yes, it's a lot better than Rockford Fosgate, it will sound better, hit harder, and last longer for what you pay.

Post Number: 6
I'm very appreciated for your advice.
Thanks alot

Post Number: 7
I'm appreciated for your advice.
Thanks alot

abcd
Unregistered guest
rockford fosqate sucks. Resonant Engineering makes the best all around subs PERIOD
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us