Tweeking the jl audio 500/1?

Anonymous

i got the jl 500/1 recently and i got 2 audiobahn 15's to it and it seems impossible to tweek. One bass note would hit hard as hell but others would make the sub pop and then when i switch that up other bass notes makes that popping sound. I'm wondering if my subs are too weak for it

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4386
the problem is that you have a fantastic amplifier, and absolutely crappy subs.

set gain no more than a quarter turn.
set phase to zero
LPF to 80Hz
boost to zero

the amp may also just be too powerful for those subs as you mentioned.
audiobahn isn't a very good brand to be blunt.
no offense. they shove product down our throats. a lot of people get them then find out they're lacking.

Anonymous

wow... the truth hurts, which subs can i get for cheap that can handle the amp.. i was also thinking about dropping down to 12's instead of 15's

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 898
How much more are you willing to spend?

Anonymous

i'm looking to spend about 3-350 for 2 jl 12's that can handle the 500/1. i think i saw the 12w3v2 or something for a good price but i don't really know if they are good or not

Anonymous

i'm looking to spend about 3-350 for 2 jl 12's that can handle the 500/1. i think i saw the 12w3v2 or something for a good price but i don't really know if they are good or not

Anonymous

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 899
The W3v2's are nice subs, for the price I'd go with Adire Audio Shivas. 125 each and the SQ and SPL is better than a W3v2 in my opinion. Will work really well off that amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us