Which amp for two 12' alpine type r's

Username: Dwhite88

Post Number: 2
I have two Alpine type r's they are the the SWR-1221D model,dual voice coil,2 ohm. They are in a ported box, not sure which amp would be best, i'm willing to spend 300-400 on an amp, any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 436
If those are dvc 2 ohm subs you can hook it up and show the amp a 2 ohm load.

Here are some amps.

Kicker 600.1
Xtant A6001T

Either one of those amps would work. They are pretty much same quality. The ony thing is with the kicker you will proably get a remote bass control knob included with the amplifier. This will allow you to control the bass from the front seat. So whichever you can get cheaper I would get. You can buy the remote thing for the xtant amp also its just not included with the amp. Check on ebay for both amps.

Post Number: 3
thanks man

Post Number: 4
would that be the only amp i need,or would that just power the subs?

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 441
Thats only gonna powe the subs.

Post Number: 5
So i would need a seperate amp to power the speakers than?

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 444
Yes.

Anonymous

Well, could anyone please tell me what amp would run 2 12' Type R's 4 ohm? im looking at MRD-M500 and JBL 600.1 which one of these or if any better out there for about the same price? plz help

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 445
anonymous,

If they are the svc 4 ohm take a look at the jbl as you mentioned, xtant A6001T, kicker 600.1. Those will all give you 300 rms per sub at 2 ohms. If those are dvc subs then the jbl is your best bet.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 923
yep :-)

davids is correct

sinister minister
Unregistered guest
if ur looking for class d amps, i would recomend harrison labs. they are really cheap. dollar cost per watt is astounding. 800 whats at 4 ohms for 300 bucks. a lot of top end car audio manufacturers buy parts from them. these guys brought out the first class d amp into the market. as well as the first passive xover and also the first car eq. now get this. they built the first amp for cars ever. this is an electrical engineering company more than anything. they sell all sorts of electronic gear, but u still have to check out their audio products. their site is hlabs.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us