What box should i use for a h2 or rf t1

Username: Alcast082

Fl

Post Number: 1
HEy guys,
I have a big problem, I have a rockford 800s 2 channel which puts out around 900 watts rms bridged at 4 ohm. I want to either buy a 12 h2 or a rockford power t1 not because i like em the most but its the best prices i can get.
anyhow they are both 12" and i was wondering if anyone could help me figure out a sub box to put one in. I have an 04 quadcab (the hemi trucks you see all the time) and it has limited space. I'm thinking of building something behind my ceter console or just replacing my center console all together. My friend is a high end carpinter but has also built several boxes for his cars. I need someone to give me ideas or make me a Blue PRINT so i can give to him for him to make the box. i mean simple measurements would be sufficient.
please anyone who is available to do this, let me know what info you need to know and i will provide it.
I don't care where it goes as long as it looks ok and i don't loose all my back seat.
PLease guys give me some help i'm dying to have some quad again.
also if you guys know of good prices for 12" or 10" subs like adire brahma, eclipse titanium, triple x, h2, jlw6, idmax or the punch t1 or t2. I'm not decided on which sub yet, i can get the rockford 12 for 210 wich is an awesome price and the h2, 12 for around 280 shipped. I would prefare a brahma but can't find one under 340 without shipping.
if you can help me out guys, you can email me at turborob98@hotmail.com

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 854
I currently have a console mount in my truck. Just build (if you can) a temporary box and keep angling until you find the best gain. Mine is forward firing, at nearly a 45 degree angle, sub in basically right under the dash (I have a 83 Chevy C10 I'm working on, much more room than the Dodge you have, though, you may have to play around and see what's best). I advise you to consult an accredited installer, MECP certified if you can, to get the best location and results. The H2 is a great subwoofer and probably the best deal you'll find unless you search all over e-bay for others. It also works well with small boxes, .5-1.0 cu ft for sealed, or 1-1.5 cu ft vented, depending on what impedance the sub is and how much power you're going to give it. I'd do the dual 2 ohm H2 sealed in a 1.0 cu ft enclosure. The H2 is 8 inches deep, so build a box that is 9 inches deep on the inside, plus the wood you use (say 3/4 MDF or 1" MDF) would be another 1.5-2 inches, figure 11 inches deep. That could eat up your available space, but I'm not too familiar with the Dodge's space behind the seat, and I tend to remember things to be more spacious than they generally are. 1.0 cu ft in a console wouldn't be to difficult at all.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us