Rate these from 1 - 3 with 1 being the best as far as sq

2 X 10" Alpine Type R
2 X 10" Cerwin Vega Vmaxes
2 X 10" Kicker Comp VR

Now Rate them from 1 - 3 with one being the best thump

2 X 10" Alpine Type R
2 X 10" Cerwin Vega Vmaxes
2 X 10" Kicker Comp VR

Id like as many replies as possible since i need to set up and install date very very soon. Thanks guys If you havent heard all three then tell me what you thought about other ones I listed that you have heard.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 847
For SQ
1. Type R
2. V-Max
3. Comp VR
For SPL
1. V-Max
2. Type R
3. Comp VR
The Type R and Comp VR are very close in SPL, it's not a huge difference. My choice for the price range would be to drop all three and get Adire Audio Shivas. Better Sq than all of them and will hit very hard, harder than the Comp VR and Type R, about the same as the V-Max.

Silver Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 274
well jonathan what amp would you recommend for a shiva?

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 396
a JBL300.1 is the best match for it. Good Luck

Silver Member

VA

Post Number: 275
realized i can adjust my money accordingly. Im looking at a 10w6 how does this stack up to the shiva?

inprogress
Unregistered guest
1 have 2 10 w6's for sale not v2 only used for a year in my commuter car (01 mustang) 50 miles per week hooked up to a ppi 2360 so they aren't worn out 200 for the subs and the box email d89fleming@hotmail for pics amp for sale too 225 for all

LMAO@U
Unregistered guest
Grmncrsnbr I think you are just posting a bunch of crap that you do even have the money for. You have asked about almost EVERY sub on the market. Why don't you go listen to subs and make your own d@mn choose so you can stop bugging everyone else here. That is IF you even have any money are even a car for that matter. Jesus give it a break.

Silver Member

VA

Post Number: 276
LMAO@U stop being such a puss and register. If your gong to keep coming back why not give us all someone to talk sh!t about. Dont be a douche and the correct word is choice. If the car audio market wasnt so huge this would be easier but i just want to make sure i get the best bang for my buck. and yes i do have the money and i have made my decision so blow me and back off.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 912
shiva will own a 10w6

a 12w6v2 would beat the shiva...but for saving $275 on the shiva, you can get three for less than one 12w6v2

out of those subs p there, i would definately go with the vmax subs - best SQ in my opinion and they thump the best too

Silver Member

VA

Post Number: 277
LMAO@U I will stop aking questions when you register and stop being a douche bag......well guess that wont be anytime soon. If your not going to be helpful that doesnt give you the right to be a douche.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 913
"a JBL300.1 is the best match for it. Good Luck"

wtf? for the shiva?

no way....a bp1200.1 running at 4 ohms would be the best match for 1 shiva (600w rms)

and thats the best amp for 2 shivas too

Silver Member

VA

Post Number: 281
oz audio vector2s it is hahaha
I just talked to a local shop and they are gonna get me two tens in a box with and alpine amp all installed for 640 big smile right here
BOOYA

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 398
Bacon why the hell would you want to put 600 watts into a sub that reaches its full potential with half the wattage?? Glass and Jonathan BOTH recommend a JBL600.1 for 2 Shivas. So Good Luck to yourself buddy.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 850
For Shivas, A JBL 600.1 works well, but it depends on the enclosure. If you build around a 1.75 cu ft. enclosure per sub, 300 watts is all you need for full excursion capabilities. If you put it in a smaller enclosure (not recommended) then a 1200.1 is needed. A 300.1 won't run the shiva as the Shiva is dual 8 ohms, so it's a final 4 ohm load. The 300.1 puts 300W RMS out at 2 ohms, not 4, so you'd only be giving the sub 150W RMS.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us