Amp needed

Dimension
Unregistered guest
I'm not sure on the wattage but what amp would I need for two xplosions i believe which are 12? They are dvc, and I not only do not know how to hook those up, but I need a fairly good amp, not to cheap, yet not so expensive, any suggestions?

Username: Big12inchsubman

Post Number: 1
I assume that the xplosions subs you are talking about are made by Sony. If I'm not mistaken these subs are rated at @ 1100 watts peak power and 400 watts RMS. If this is correct, you should find an amplifier that produces at least 400 watts RMS. Try to stick with the same brand, if possible. Sony Xplode amps are probably within your price range. They are not too cheap, nor are they too expensive.

Dimension
Unregistered guest
I dont know if I am stupid saying this, but the subs have a the brand name Precision Audio Explosions, I dunno if that's by sony all i know is they cost me 300 bucks for a pair, and I just need a good amp for these,

Dimension
Unregistered guest
Someone wanna help me with this I have the money I just don't know what Amp do buy, I don't want to be screwed over again.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4367
no, it isn't sony. Sony is "Xplod" (long "o")

precision audio is the company who makes yours.
explosion is the model line

look at the magnet structure behind the speaker.
around the back of it should be a label with the type of sub, and it should list the load.. like "4" with an omega symbol after it (ohms)
I need to know what that load is, and if each speaker has one or two pair of speaker terminals on it.
also see if the speaker gives an RMS power handling on the back. needs to be RMS, not peak or max.

then I can suggest an amp

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4368
ok I did a little research
these subs sell for $15 each brand new.

"12" Precision Audio Explosion subwoofer. This woofer has a max power rating of 2500 watts! Precision Audio designs all there audio equiptment to the exact specs of other leading car audio manufacturers, such as; Alpine, Pioneer, Kenwood, JBL, and Sony. By making there speakers to the exact specs, Precision Audio strives to give you the same great sound quality for a fraction of the price! In this auction the woofer that you are bidding on is made to the exact specs of the 12" Sony Xplod. As you can see from the pics, the woofer is even shaped like a pentagon. Printed on the magnet of the woofer it says, "PEAK POWER 2500W." This woofer is brand new."

http://www.velocityaudiocenter.com/Precision-Audio-Explosion-12--2500-watts-Sony -Xplod-sub,i3091665931,c50572.html

they're a sony knock-off, which is really sad since sony makes some of the worst products on the market.. I have no idea why anybody would copy them.

anyway, I really strongly suggest you return them and get your $300 back.
with $300 I could get you into a pait of Adire Shiva 12" subs, then you could add a 600wRMS mono amp and really shake some ground..
these subs are going to be less than stellar regardless of the amp you choose, but if you decide to keep them, or can't find someone to buy them from you, find any amp that'll give you 500-600 watts RMS x 1 @ 2 ohms
that'll work
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us