Axxera (Dual) AV6117B Parking Brake & Reverse Wires

Username: Quigonjohn

Post Number: 1
I just got this unit, an Axxera (Dual) AV6117B, from Crutchfield. How can I wire it so that this Parking Brake Lockout will NOT limit features. I do not want to watch videos while driving, but my vehicle is a bit older, 2006 Ford E-450 and I am concerned that if not done correctly some things may not work right or not even play a DVD when parked. I also worry if it would prevent Audio CD's or MP3 CD's from playing (parked or driving), merely because they are also Optical Discs. I do not have a Backup Camera to attach to this unit either.

Post Number: 2
Well it looks like this unit I only have to ground the wire from the stereo that says BRAKE. I connected the stereo direct to the battery for testing. With that wire unhooked, I get the warning screen when I play a DVD. When I connected that wire to ground, the DVD showed on the screen. I repeated this test with that wire already grounded when I made the power connection, and it also played, (No Warning Screen). I can't imagine it would be any different mounted in the dash, if I wire it the same.

Any feedback would be helpful.

I do not plan to use a Backup Camera on this unit, but I am thinking to also ground that wire, just to be sure it doesn't do anything quirky when I put the vehicle in reverse. Or should I just leave that wire unattached to anything?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
FYI, I completed install of this player today. As to the PARKING BRAKE I just grounded that wire and in all of my testing I never get the warning screen, so I should be good. The test included with the engine running, the parking brake OFF and the RV in DRIVE. The only thing I did not do was actually drive it, because of where we park it on the side of our house I did not want to take it out. As to the REVERSE wire for the Backup Camera, I wound up NOT connecting that at all. As I found a thread here that indicated this was the best option if you did not have, nor intend to use a backup camera.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us