Subwoofer help?

Username: Macphailt

Post Number: 1
i went ahead and got this setup, it is a great setup and has a ton of bass but i feel like i could get way more out of my subs.. not sure if i need better amp, wiring, box or power supply? if you have any ideas please help!?
below is an image of the full setup i got.
http://gyazo.com/d798414e9963a7d72c7a0ca750869086

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 2013
You bet you can do better is just a matter of how thick your wallet is.

Post Number: 2
I have the money for upgrades, well i mean i dont wanna go insane but im willing to spend some money to better my system... someone told me to rewire it with 0 gage and better speaker wire, im not sure what else i could do to get some more slamming bass out of these subs...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2015
For that amp you won't need 0 gauge, it's rated 750W RMS @ 4 ohm, your speaker system works at 2 ohm, considering it's a cheap brand 1000W is the most I think it will do, that's why it's offered with 4 gauge, actually what it needs.

Subs can take 1600W RMS so, well, a better amp would provide that - BUT - the increase in output will not be that noticeable, less than 3 dB gain.

I think that system of yours should be performing reasonably well for what it is.

If you want to step up significantly you need to consider a different system altogether IMO.

Post Number: 3
okay thank you for the information on my system, see i had no clue about that... ummm say i wanted to add to my system with maybe a 10" or 12" subwoofer, what subwoofer and amp would you think would pack the most punch for the money. Im not trying spend a ton of money but im willing to go like $250 or $300 maybe a little bit more.

thank you for the help joe!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2016
Don't know what vehicle you are working with but $300 or so won't get you far at all, neither will a small enclosure for an average 10" or 12".

For that money I would say you should be doing ok with what you have now.

Post Number: 4
dammm well what if im willing to spend more, i have a truck theres lots of room. what would you says a good setup, im not trying to go crazy but i do love my bass!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2017
It would depend on the exact vehicle model and available space that you don't mind losing your bets budget as well, not here all the time, for loud systems I would recommend joining the SMD forum.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us